An essential component of business continuity is the ability to quickly replicate data. Hitachi Copy-on-Write Snapshot software provides logical snapshot data replication within Hitachi storage systems for immediate use in decision support, software testing and development, data backup or rapid recovery operations.
Copy-on-Write Snapshot software rapidly creates point-in-time snapshot copies of any data volume within Hitachi storage systems, without impacting host service or performance levels. Since these snapshots only store the changed data blocks in the Copy-on-Write Snapshot storage pool, the amount of storage capacity required for each snapshot copy is substantially smaller than the source volume. As a result, a significant savings is realized when compared to full cloning methods.
This product is enhanced by Hitachi Replication Manager, a software tool that configures, monitors and manages Hitachi storage system-based replication products for both open systems and mainframe environments in a way that simplifies and optimizes the configuration, operations, task management and automation and monitoring of the critical storage components of the replication infrastructure.Product Highlights
- Instantaneous restore of just the data you need
- Versioning of backups for easy restore
- RAID protection of all Copy-on-Write Snapshot copies
- Reduces recovery time from data corruption or human error considerably via an immediate restore from a disk resident, point-in-time data snapshot copy
- Allows frequent data backup operations to be performed non-disruptively, while critical applications run unaffected
- Accelerates application testing and deployment by providing always available copies of current production information
- Enables immediate access to time critical information
- Eliminates the backup window
- Allows disk space to be used efficiently through volume snapshots rather than full copy clones, which helps maximize the disk