Often the first line of defense against data corruption or data loss is having a usable clone or copy of the data you've just lost. The most successful techniques leverage system-based in system data replication, a critical component of any data protection infrastructure. The Hitachi In-System Replication bundle combines full clone replication software Hitachi ShadowImage In-System Replication Software and Hitachi's snapshot solution, Hitachi Copy-On-Write Snapshot Software.
ShadowImage provides a non-disruptive, host-independent data replication solution for creating copies of any customer accessible data within a single Hitachi storage system. All copies are additionally RAID-protected to ensure the highest data availability.
Hitachi Copy-on-Write Snapshot software provides logical snapshot data replication within Hitachi storage systems for immediate use in decision support, software testing and development, data backup or rapid recovery operations.
This product is enhanced by Hitachi Replication Manager, a software tool that configures, monitors and manages Hitachi storage system-based replication products for both open systems and mainframe environments in a way that simplifies and optimizes the configuration, operations, task management and automation and monitoring of the critical storage components of the replication infrastructure.Product Highlights
- Rapidly creates multiple copies of mission-critical information within all Hitachi storage systems in mainframe and open systems environments
- ShadowImage software keeps data RAID-protected and fully recoverable without affecting service or performance levels
- ShadowImage replicated full data volumes can easily be split from the host applications
- Copy-On-Write provides point-in-time copies of only changed blocks in Copy-on-Write Snapshot data pool, not full volume
- Copy-On-Write also delivers instantaneous creation and restore of just the data you need with versioning of backups for easy restore