The MX2820 system with a 23-inch chassis houses up to 18 MUX modules to provide nine redundant M13/STS-1 modules in 2U rack units of space.
The MX2820 MUX modules are capable of combining independent T1s, E1s, or T1s and E1s on the same DS3/STS-1 signal. Each pair of MUX modules provides built-in 1:1redundancy on the DS1 and DS3/STS-1 circuits.
A great idea gets even better
Using an M13 multiplexer to manage your DS1 business has its advantages - lower costs, simplified operations and business opportunities. The ADTRAN MX2820 helps you address space, cost, heat and management concerns with a high-efficiency, space-saving M13 platform.
The MX2820 requires just 2U of rack space to provide nine fully redundant M13s in a 23-inch chassis. Using the MX2820, a NEBS-compliant 7-foot rack will accommodate 63 redundant M13 multiplexers with passive cooling or 81 redundant M13 multiplexers with active cooling.
1:1 protection at 1:N cost
To eliminate problems with switching relays, single points-of-failure, and design complexities associated with 1:N systems. ADTRAN's MX2820 offers a unique 1:1 protection system. This system offers redundancy on every DS3 and DS1 interface. This is the result of ADTRAN's custom silicon development that reduces failover switch time and increases system reliability.
Effective cable managementProduct Highlights
ADTRAN understands the challenges of high-density wiring configurations from bend radius to signal crosstalk and has partnerships with connector manufacturers to pioneer a standard in dense-cable management. ADTRAN supplies a variety of cost-effective adapter cables and custom length configurations, to produce the optimum implementation to fit customer cabling needs.
- Provides the user interface and the network management interface for the MX2820 system
- Modules can be provisioned and monitored either locally or remotely via the SCU
- Reduces cost; break-even point is a few single M13 units
- Conserves space; nine redundant M13s in just 2U of space
- Complete reliability; 1:1 protection for all DS3 and DS1 interfaces
- System management; single IP address for entire system configuration and advanced diagnostics
- Multiplexer unit that plugs into an MX2820 chassis
- Two MX2820 MUX cards are used together to provide a redundant STS-1 multiplexer circuit
- Provides 1:1 redundancy and meets the requirements for NEBS Level 3