The ADTRAN NetVanta 644 is a VoIP media gateway designed to interface between TDM and IP networks allowing connection of legacy telephone and PBX systems to IP Networks.
The NetVanta 644 is also ideal as a PSTN gateway providing IP conversion for newer PBXs, like the NetVanta unified communications enterprise communication server. Utilizing the ADTRAN AOS, the NetVanta 644 offers simple management and administration.
The NetVanta 644 is designed to support 120 simultaneous calls and not miss a beat. Interfaces include four T1/E1 ports as well as two 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports providing the flexibility for multiple deployment scenarios.
The NetVanta 644 utilizes SIP for VoIP applications, providing interoperability with industry-leading softswitches and feature servers. Acting as a gateway, this device converts IP signaling from the carrier into traditional TDM voice services as well as PSTN fed enterprises to IP.
Resilient call routing/processing
Using an internal switchboard and dial plan, the NetVanta 644 dynamically routes threeto 10-digit voice calls to the preferred service provider based on the phone number dialed. This least-cost routing functionality directs local calls to one service provider and long distance calls to another. Number substitution capability is also available. Circuit consolidation offers additional cost savings.
The NetVanta 644 features redundant Ethernet functionality, which provides Layer 1 failover in the event one Ethernet link is lost, or a cable fails. In addition, the Ethernet ports can operate in standalone interface mode which can provide a solution for network failover with least cost IP routing.
Voice quality monitoringProduct Highlights
The ability to implement and manage voice QoS is becoming a critical part of successful operations. QoS-enabled network devices can provide better performance and higher service levels for delay-sensitive VoIP or other mission-critical applications, as well as accommodating the lower priority traffic on the same infrastructure.
- Seamlessly convert TDM to IP
- Up to 120 simultaneous VoIP calls
- Four T1/E1 interfaces
- Two 10/100/1000 Ethernet interfaces
- PSTN gateway connectivity
- Integral PRI/PRA T1/E1 for PBX connectivity
- Dynamic bandwidth allocation affords more efficient utilization
- Standardized G.729 voice compression requires less bandwidth per voice call
- Quality of Service (QoS) for delay sensitive traffic like Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Supports 802.1q Virtual LAN (VLAN) trunking
- Voice Quality Monitoring (VQM)
- Command Line Interface (CLI) mimics industry de facto standard
- Feature-rich ADTRAN Operating System (AOS)
- Rugged metal case