Agent for Linux, included in Advanced Server for Linux, provides image- and file-based backup for Linux servers with individual files and bare-metal recovery support. It is built around Acronis' state-of-the-art imaging technology and allows you to create image-based backups, or snapshots, of your entire system, including operating system, applications, configuration and data; and recover the image to the same hardware or dissimilar hardware. File-based backup can be used to protect data on network shares.
The imaging technology analyzes supported file systems in order to identify and skip the backup of unused blocks, unnecessary files - like page and hibernation files - and custom files and folders defined by the user.
Agent for Linux seamlessly integrates with other platform modules for centralized management and reporting, cataloging with search, and disk, tape and cloud support. Backups are stored in a unified format - fully compatible with agents for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, opening endless flexibility and migration options.
Individual files can be recovered from a disk image. These files are centralized catalog along with file-based backups. One single-pass then added to a searchable backup is enough for both disaster recovery and long-term data recovery.
Recover to any hardware
Recover an image to dissimilar hardware or VMs with just a few clicks. Acronis Universal Restore automatically ensures that your system is properly configured and has all the necessary drivers to boot on a new physical or virtual hardware.
Multiple agents for Windows can be managed centrally from Acronis Management Server, along with other platform modules such as agents for Linux, VMware vSphere, or Hyper-V.
Fast and easy backup
Award-winning Acronis disk imaging technology creates an image backup of entire.
The image backup can be easily recovered to a bare-metal machine in minutes.
Acronis secure zoneProduct Highlights
A special protected portion on a hard disk drive for secure storage of backups.
- Fast and simple image backup with bare metal recovery to dissimilar hardware
- Full and incremental backups with support for always-incremental strategy
- Individual files and application data recovery from image backup
- Excluding free space, unnecessary files and any files specified by a user form image backup
- Converting backups to VM format
- Compression and 256-bit AES encryption
- Multi-destination and staging of backups between multiple locations automatically
- Scheduled backup with automatic retention and built-in backup schemes
- Disaster recovery plan is automatically generated
- Sector-by-sector backup for unsupported or damaged file systems
- Support BIOS and UEFI; MBR and GPT disks