Agent for Windows, included in Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Advanced Server for Windows, provides image- and file-based backup for physical servers with individual files and bare-metal recovery support. It is built around Acronis state-of-the-art imaging technology and allows you to create image-based backups, or snapshots, of your entire system, including operating system, applications, configuration and data; and recover the image to the same hardware or dissimilar hardware.
The imaging technology analyzes supported file systems in order to identify and skip the backup of unused blocks, unnecessary files - like page and hibernation files - and custom files and folders defined by the user.
Agent for Windows seamlessly integrates with other platform modules for centralized management and reporting, cataloging with search, and disk, tape and cloud support. Backups are stored in a unified format - fully compatible with agents for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, opening endless flexibility and migration options.
Recover to any hardware
Recover an image to dissimilar hardware or VMs with just a few clicks. Acronis Universal Restore automatically ensures that your system is properly configured and has all the necessary drivers to boot on a new physical or virtual hardware.
Multiple agents for Windows can be managed centrally from Acronis Management Server, along with other platform modules such as agents for Linux, VMware vSphere, or Hyper-V.
Fast and easy backup
Acronis disk imaging technology creates an image backup of entire machine in minutes. File-based backup can be used to protect data on network shares.
The image backup can be easily recovered to a bare-metal machine in minutes.
Acronis secure zone
A special protected portion on a hard disk drive for secure storage of backups.
Backup to the Acronis CloudProduct Highlights
Save or stage backups to Acronis Cloud Storage for an extra level of data protection.
- Fast and simple image backup with bare metal recovery to dissimilar hardware
- Full and incremental backups with support for always-incremental strategy
- Individual files and application data recovery from image backup
- Excluding free space, unnecessary files and any files specified by a user form image backup
- Converting backups to VM format
- Compression and 256-bit AES encryption
- Multi-destination and staging of backups between multiple locations automatically
- Scheduled backup with automatic retention and built-in backup schemes
- Disaster recovery plan is automatically generated
- Support for disk, network shares, tape, FTP, CD/DVD and cloud
- Sector-by-sector backup for unsupported or damaged file systems