Agent for Windows, included in Advanced Workstation, provides image- and file-based backup for laptops and desktops with individual files and bare-metal recovery support. It is built around Acronis' state-of-the-art imaging technology and allows you to create image-based backups, or snapshots, of your entire system, including operating system, applications, configuration and data; and recover the image to the same hardware or dissimilar hardware. File-based backup can be used to protect individual folders.
The imaging technology analyzes supported file systems in order to identify and skip the backup of unused blocks, unnecessary files - like page and hibernation files - and custom files and folders defined by the user.
Agent for Windows seamlessly integrates reporting, cataloging with search, and disk, fully compatible with other platform agents, with other platform modules for centralized management and tape and cloud support. Backups are stored in a unified format - opening endless flexibility and migration options.
Individual files can be recovered from a disk image. These files are then added to a searchable centralized catalog along with file-based backups. One single-pass backup is enough for both disaster recovery and long- term data recovery.
Recover to any hardware
Recover an image to dissimilar hardware or VMs with just a few clicks. Acronis Universal Restore automatically ensures that your system is properly configured and has all the necessary drivers to boot on a new physical or virtual hardware.
Multiple agents for Windows can be managed centrally from Acronis Management Server, along with other platform modules such as agents for Linux, VMware vSphere, or Hyper-V.
Fast and easy backup
Acronis disk imaging technology creates an image backup of entire machine.
The image backup can be easily recovered to a bare-metal machine in just minutes.
Acronis secure zone
A special protected portion on a hard disk drive for secure storage of backups.
Backup to the Acronis cloudProduct Highlights
Save or stage backups to Acronis cloud storage for an extra level of data protection.
- Fast and simple image backup with bare metal recovery to dissimilar hardware
- Full and incremental backups with support for always-incremental strategy
- Individual files and application data recovery from image backup
- Excluding free space, unnecessary files and any files specified by a user form image backup
- Converting backups to VM format
- Compression and 256-bit AES encryption
- Multi-destination and staging of backups between multiple locations automatically
- Scheduled backup with automatic retention and built-in backup schemes
- Disaster Recovery Plan is automatically generated
- Support for disk, network shares, tape, FTP, CD/DVD and cloud