Acronis vmProtect is a backup and recovery solution designed exclusively for VMware vSphere environments. It enables organizations to perform an agent-less backup of entire ESX(i) virtual machines, as well as ESXi host itself.
Easy to deploy
Acronis vmProtect can be installed and configured in minutes. You can install Acronis vmProtect on a machine running Microsoft Windows or deploy it directly to a VMware ESX(i) host as a self-contained virtual appliance.
Efficient and secure backups
Agentless, always-incremental backup with compression and reduplications guarantees the fastest backup possible while saving on storage and traffic. Industry-standard 256-bit AES encryption secures data in your backups, and built-in backup validation verifies that backups are not corrupted to guarantee successful recovery. An automatically generated disaster recovery plan documents the steps to recover in case disaster strikes. Backups can be automatically stored in multiple locations for additional reliability.
Rapid recovery of exactly what you need
Recover an entire VMware ESXi host, specific virtual machines or files. You can also recover an entire Microsoft Exchange database or specific items such as individual mailboxes, emails and contacts. And state-of-the-art vmFlashBack technology brings your virtual servers back to life 100 times faster than before. For even faster recovery, simply run the VM from its backup or start the VM created by replication.
vCenter integration and intuitive web interface
Perform backup and recovery tasks from the VMware vCenter interface you're already using to manage your virtual environment, or use Acronis vmProtect's intuitive web interface. With practically zero learning curve, you can quickly start performing backup and recovery tasks for your VMs, even from a mobile device.
Unlimited P2V/V2V migrationsProduct Highlights
Included at no additional cost, unlimited physical-to-virtual migrations or virtual-to-virtual migrations from another hypervisor to VMware vSphere, allows you to accelerate virtualization by using award-winning Acronis imaging technology to move physical servers or virtual machines from other hypervisors to VMware vSphere.
- Agent-less always-incremental backup of VMware vSphere virtual machines with compression, encryption and deduplication
- VmProtect enables you to perform all backup and recovery tasks directly from within VMware vSphere's management console
- From a VM backup - recover an entire Microsoft Exchange Server database, or just the mailboxes, emails, contacts, or other items you need
- Replication of a virtual machine to another ESX(i) host
- Recovery of ESXi host with all binaries and configuration - to the same machine or to a bare metal machine, even a machine with dissimilar hardware
- Automatically created Disaster Recovery Plan documents the steps to recover
- Instantly run a VM from a backup on an existing ESX/ESXi host for quick recovery