With big business functionality at a small business price, the AML M5900 portable data terminal can help streamline and improve your business operations, while keeping IT costs low - no matter the size of your business.
Durable, easy to use, and packed with big business functionality, the AML M5900 portable data terminal is an ideal solution for everyday, all day data collection applications - including inventory control, factory floor management, price verification, shipping/receiving, asset tracking and more. The AML M5900 portable terminal helps business do more, for less.
On-Board Program Generator (OPG)
It allows the creation of very simple applications, right on the device, without the need of the PC-based program generator. Simply select OPG from the run program menu and follow the on screen instructions.
6 simple programs already exist on your device to help you create item lists and help track those item in your everyday business activities.
Take inventory by recording the quantity for each item number on a shelf. A description is displayed after each item number is scanned in so that the user can be sure the items are on the right shelf.
Scan a UPC or other barcode that exists in the lookup. Display the description of the item and its price if the item was found in the lookup file. Wait up to 10 seconds and then ask for the next item.
Shipping and receiving
Log all of the items in an order, along with the order's ship or receive date and time, and the quantity of each item in the order. It allows the user to ship/receive time, and whether it is an item shipped or an item received once for each order. Once that much is filled out, the user scans in the item number and fills out the quantity for each item in the order.
Factory floor managementProduct Highlights
Set up a station to log items moving from Point A to Point B. Once set up with the Point A and Point B codes, the user simply scans each item as it moves through the station.
- Durable, ergonomic design - built for everyday, all day use
- Graphical 160 x 160 backlit LCD display - easy to read, even in dimly lit environments
- High performance ARM9 processor - rapid access to large look-up tables or stored data
- Rechargeable, high capacity Lithium-ion battery - ensures extended periods of operation without interruption
- On-board Program Generator (OPG) - create simple applications
- Preloaded with six common data collection applications - easily scan bar codes and collect basic data
- RS232 and USB ports - simple and easy data upload
- Ample storage for program and data files, even in the most information-intensive applications
- Powerful handling of data files
- Protects and retains memory when the main battery is discharged or removed
- Multi-functional keypad options support most data collection applications
- Quickly and efficiently create custom applications
- Choose the most appropriate bar code scanner for your specific data collection application