Areca high-performance PCI-Express bus to SATA RAID host adapter supports 24 SATA ll peripheral device on a single host adapter. SATA RAID controller has the same RAID kernel of its field-proven external RAID controllers. Applications that benefit most features from these controllers including NAS, server RAID solutions, web server, supercomputing, near-line backup, security systems and streaming and streaming applications server.
The ML version comes with Min SAS 4i internal connector. This Min SAS 4i connector has eight signal pins to support four SATA drives and six pins for the SGPIO (Serial General Purpose Input/Output) side-band signals. The SGPIO bus is for efficient LED management and for sensing drive locate status, without any discrete fault & activity cable needed.
The SATA RAID controllers raise the standard to higher performance level with several enhancements including Intel high-performance I/O processor, a DDR memory architecture and high performance PCI-Express bus interconnection.
The SATA RAID controllers support broad operating system including Windows Server 2003, XP, 2000, Linux (Open Source) and so on, along with key system monitoring features such as 12C&SGPIO enclosure management and SNMP function. The controller firmware contains web browser-based RAID manager, SMTP manager and SNMP agent which can be accessed via on-software required.
The ML version comes with Min SAS 4i internal connector. This Min SAS 4i connector has eight signal pins to support four SATA drives and six pins for the SGPIO (Serial General Purpose Input/Output) side-band signals. The SGPIO bus is for efficient LED management and for sensing drive locate status without any discrete fault and activity cable needed.
Easy RAID managementProduct Highlights
The controllers contain an embedded McBIOS RAID manager that can access via hot key at BIOS boot-up screen. This pre-boot RAID manager can use to simplify the setup and management of RAID controller. The controller firmware also contains a which can be accessed through the Http Proxy server or on-controller Ethernet port in Windows.
- PCI-Express X8 bus
- Multi-adapter support for large storage requirements
- BIOS boot support for greater fault tolerance
- Intel RAID 6 engine to support extreme performance RAID 6
- NVRAM for RAID event & transaction log
- Redundant flash image for adapter availability
- Battery Backup Module (BBM) ready
- RoHS compliant
- Multiple RAID selection
- Array roaming
- Online RAID capacity expansion and RAID level migration simultaneously
- Online volume set growth
- Instant availability and background initialization
- Automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuild
- Support spin down drives when not in use to extend service life (MAID)
- Support NTP protocol to synchronize RAID controller clock over on-board Ethernet port
- SMTP support email notification
- SNMP support for remote notification
- I2C enclosure management ready
- API library for customer to write its monitor utility
- Support Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Single Admin Portal (SAP) monitor utility