Aruba Networks Remote AP software module enables any Aruba access point to be securely and easily connected from a remote location to an Aruba Mobility Controller across the Internet. Ideally suited for small remote offices, home offices, telecommuters, mobile executives, and for business continuity applications, Aruba's Remote AP software module extends the enterprise network to any remote location by enabling seamless wireless data and voice wherever a user finds an Internet-connected Ethernet port or cellular connection.
Secure wireless mobile connectivity and VoIP anywhere
The Remote AP software module activates secure communications from an Aruba mobility controller to a designated Aruba access point (AP) at a remote location, seamlessly extending the enterprise WLAN over the Internet anywhere it is needed. The user experience at the home office, remote office, or at any other location is exactly the same as it would be at the corporate site.
Centralized management and security
Aruba's Remote AP module enables the network administrator to centrally assign all the remote Aruba AP's parameters, such as operating mode, fault tolerance, SSID, and security settings. Additionally, the network administrator can see detailed statistics and local client status reports showing the client MAC address, client manufacturer, channel, radio, status and last activity date and time.
Ideal business continuity solutionProduct Highlights
With remote users who have VPN clients, the network administrator often has to support or troubleshoot a non-corporate client device. A remotely-connected Aruba AP operates independently of the home network, requiring no maintenance, troubleshooting or reconfiguration of existing networks.
- Extends the enterprise network to remote locations without compromising security
- Plug-and-play simplicity for mobile executives
- Remote troubleshooting and management
- Works with any Aruba access point
- Secure corporate voice and data connectivity at any remote location
- Standards based IPsec and AES encryption for secure mobile connectivity over the Internet
- Split tunneling for optimized local traffic performance
- Reliable connectivity over slow links
- Centrally defined and managed access policies
- Works with existing 802.1x supplicant on client machines
- No IPsec client or SSL VPN software required
- Stateful firewall and NAT for local and centralized traffic
- DNS-based Mobility Controller lookup for ease-of-use, load balancing, and fault tolerance
- Enables instant network extension for temporary secure access, first responders, disaster recovery and tactical applications
- Increased reliability and resiliency by using cellular link as back-up to wired Internet connection