The CL5816 Slideaway dual rail LCD KVM Switch is a control unit that allows access to multiple computers from two PS/2 or USB KVM consoles. The CL5816 19" LCD monitor and keyboard/touch pad modules slide independently of each other. To maximize space in your data center, the keyboard/touch pad module slides back to "hide away" when not in use, while the thin profile LCD monitor rotates back - flush against the rack - allowing convenient monitoring of computer activity. Quickly and conveniently switch computer access with station and port selection pushbutton switches located on the keyboard module. Even when the keyboard module is in the retracted position you can still switch access with the port up/port down pushbuttons located on the monitor module. The CL5808 supports both PS/2 and USB keyboards and mice for the connected computers, and the CL5816 supports USB peripheral devices to be used with the attached computers. A single CL5816 can control up to 16 computers. As many as 31 additional compatible KVM switches can be daisy chained together, so that up to 512 computers can all be controlled from a single keyboard, monitor, and mouse console.
Conveniently located station and port selectors with LED displays to quickly switch to target computers.
An additional USB port located on the front panel is available to connect peripheral devices to the switch. USB peripherals can be used to install software, OS patches, or make system backups to computers connected to the installation from the CL5816.
Extra USB mouse port
For added convenience, a USB mouse port is provided for users who prefer to use an external mouse.
The LCD module rotates up to 120-degree for a more comfortable viewing angle.
The CL5816 supports the OSD multi-language.
Broadcast modeProduct Highlights
When this function is in effect, commands sent from the console are broadcast to all available computers on the installation. This function is particularly useful for operations that need to be performed on multiple computers, such as performing a system wide shutdown, installing or upgrading software, etc.
In The Box
- Integrated KVM console with 19" LCD in a dual rail housing
- Space saving technology - up to two consoles control up to 8 computers
- Dual Interface - supports computers and console with PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice
- Supports USB peripherals for computers connected to the top tier
- Console lock - enables the console drawer to remain securely locked away in position when not in use
- Multiplatform support
- Auto PS/2 and USB interface detection
- Keyboard and mouse emulation (PS/2 and USB) for smooth switching and simultaneous booting of multiple computers even when the console focus is elsewhere
- Extra console port - manage computers in the LCD KVM switch from an external console Supports external USB mouse
- Superior video quality - supports resolutions up to 1280 x 1024 at 75 Hz
- No software required - convenient computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys, and multilingual on-screen display (OSD) menus
- Auto-senses station's position on daisy chained installations, no need for manual dip switch setting, front panel led indicates station's position
- Port names automatically reconfigured when station sequence is changed
- LCD power button helps save energy and prolong display's life
- Supports one administrator and four user accounts with separate profiles
- Auto scan mode enables continuous monitoring of user-selected computers
- Broadcast support - commands from the keyboard can be broadcast to all available computers on the installation
- Hot pluggable - add or remove computers without having to power down the switch
- Beeper on/off via hotkey and OSD
- ATEN CL5816N
- 4 x keyboard / mouse / video cable - 1.2 m
- 8 x keyboard / mouse / video cable - 1.8 m
- 4 x keyboard / mouse / video cable - 3 m
- Console cable
- Data cable
- Rack mounting kit