The CS1708A is 8-port PS/2-USB KVMP solution for controlling up to eight directly connected servers. The innovative KVM switches provide dual interface functionality, a front panel USB port for sharing peripherals, a two level password security and extreme scalability. By daisy-chaining as many as 31 additional units, users can control up to 256 servers from a single KVM console.
With the CS1708A PS/2-USB KVMP switch, ATEN presents the latest KVM technology in a cost-efficient, space-saving and flexible control unit for growing small and medium-sized businesses. Thanks to its dual interface functionality, the CS1708A supports PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice for both servers and console. In addition, the rack-mountable 1U devices feature a front port for connecting USB peripherals. Thus, each computer directly linked to the CS1708A via a USB cable set connection can share any peripherals connected to the KVMP switch on a one-at-a-time basis.
For a secured and centralized server management, the CS1708A integrates two-level password security allowing only the authorized users to view and control the servers. Up to four users and the administrator can be provided with separate access profiles which effectively protects the system and vital business information. In addition, the Auto Scan function allows KVM users to easily monitor any user-selected servers.
Dual interface supports computers and console with PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice.
Display Emulation technology
Display Emulation technology stores the console monitor's EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) to optimize display resolution.
No software requiredProduct Highlights
Convenient computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys and multilingual on-screen display (OSD) menus.
In The Box
- A single console controls up to 8 computers
- Daisy-chain up to 31 additional units
- Auto PS/2 and USB interface detection
- USB/PS/2 keyboard and mouse emulation - computers boot even when the console focus is elsewhere
- Auto-senses station's position on daisy-chained installations
- Port names automatically reconfigured when station sequence is changed
- Auto Scan feature for monitoring user-selected computers
- Hot pluggable - add or remove computers without having to power down the switch
- Buzzer on/off via hotkey and OSD
- Firmware upgrades to all the chained KVM switches at the same time via the daisy-chain cable
- Rack mountable in 19" system rack (1U)
- ATEN CS1708AUKIT
- 8 x keyboard / mouse / video / USB cable