The CL5716 Slideaway LCD KVM switch series is a control unit that allows access to multiple computers from a single PS/2 or USB KVM console. A single CL5716 can control up to 16 computers. As many as 31 additional KVM switches can be daisy-chained to the CL5716, so that up to 512 computers can all be controlled from a single KVM console.
The CL5716 offers a space-saving, streamlined approach to KVM switch technology by integrating a keyboard, 19" LCD monitor, and touchpad in a 1U rack-mountable sliding housing. The CL5716 is built on a modular design. The KVM section can be detached from the switch section for convenient maintenance and repair.
An additional USB port located under the LCD panel is available to connect peripheral devices to the switch. USB peripherals can be used to install software, OS patches, or make system backups to computers connected to the installation from the CL5716.
Extra USB mouse port
For added convenience, a USB mouse port is provided for users who prefer to use an external mouse.
The fingerprint reader can be used as an alternate means of logging in to the switch. From 1 to 4 fingers can be scanned for each user and the administrator, with any one of the recorded fingerprints used to log in.
The LCD module rotates up to 115 degrees for a more comfortable viewing angle.
Broadcast modeProduct Highlights
When this function is in effect, commands sent from the console are broadcast to all available computers on the installation. This function is particularly useful for operations that need to be performed on multiple computers, such as performing a system wide shutdown, installing or upgrading software.
In The Box
- Integrated KVM console with 19" LCD monitor in a Slideaway housing
- Space saving technology - up to two consoles control up to 16 computers
- Daisy-chain up to 31 additional units - control 512 computers from a single console
- Dual Interface - supports computers and console with PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice
- LCD module USB port allows each computer to access USB peripherals
- Supports multimedia USB keyboards for PC, Mac and Sun
- Auto PS/2 and USB interface detection
- Keyboard and mouse emulation for smooth switching and simultaneous booting of multiple computers even when the console focus is elsewhere
- Supports external USB mouse
- Superior video quality - supports resolutions up to 1280 x 1024
- No software required - convenient computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys and multilingual on-screen display (OSD) menus
- Auto-senses station's position on daisy-chained installations; no need for manual dip switch setting, front panel led indicates station's position
- Port names automatically reconfigured when station sequence is changed
- Two level password security - only authorized users can view and control computers
- Supports one administrator and four user accounts with separate profiles
- Auto scan mode enables continuous monitoring of user-selected computers
- Broadcast support - commands from the keyboard can be broadcast to all available computers on the installation
- Hot pluggable - add or remove computers without having to power down the switch
- Beeper on/off via hotkey and OSD
- Firmware upgrades to all the chained KVM switches at the same time via the daisy-chain cable
- ATEN Slideaway CL5716N
- Rack mounting kit