The Avocent PM 3000 PDU supports outlet-level metering and switching capability to provide data center professionals the tools they need to monitor, measure, reduce and manage their growing power consumption costs of IT equipment.
Thresholds can be created to allow data center teams to know before problems occur and minimize downtime caused by overloaded circuits. With the ability to support up to 22 kW and support for C19 outlets, the PM 3000 PDU is well positioned to support the high rack density found in organizations today.
Outlet-level, phase-level and strip-level metering with threshold/alert capabilities
Provides preemptive notification of any impending overload issues before they occur and simplifies the task of installing new equipment.
Saves the number of IP addresses or console/KVM ports that are required to manage all power distribution needs.
Electronic Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
An added layer of protection that is activated in the event of minor overloads; during such events, outlets are turned off first instead of the primary OCP tripping.
Protects integrity of all upstream electrical infrastructure by staggering the inrush current draw of all plugged-in devices.
Supports environmental sensorsProduct Highlights
Chain up to six environmental sensors per PDU to measure and monitor temperature and humidity at several different points within the rack for notification of any impending environmental issues.
- Measure and monitor voltage, current, power (kW) and energy (kWh) consumption
- Create thresholds to generate alerts/notifications
- Remote switching capability to power on/off outlets
- Flexible installation - IP and serial interface options
- Chaining option allows multiple PDUs to share an IP or serial connection
- Supports external, environmental sensors for measuring temperature and humidity
- Onboard data log for individual PDU activity logs and historical data