Avocent Rack Power Manager is a standalone solution that allows companies to fully leverage the investment into PDUs by providing centralized management capabilities. Rack Power Manager can manage enterprise size PDU deployments with ease, providing access and control capabilities to maintain and configure your PDUs.
Rack Power Manager also provides state-of-the-art monitoring capabilities that enable intelligent server grouping across disparate racks. It also enables custom reporting, scheduled regular reports and the ability to set real-time threshold alerts to give you the highest quality information on your data center's power infrastructure and so you can truly leverage the investment in PDUs.
Measure and track power costs
The Rack Power Manager calculates and compares cost across multiple levels (custom groups of outlet, rack, row, data center or companies) to track cost over a period of time and also to measure the impact of any consolidation or expansion projects.
Review historical capacity and consumption reports
Plan for future expansion or facilities more accurately based on real historical data rather than faceplate ratings or best-guess scenarios which result in overbuilding and lead to inefficiencies.
Protect against downtime
Help get a total reading on power usage for the data center and set a maximum threshold of power usage. Set alerts to know when the threshold is reached or exceeded and allow time to make changes before there are actual problems.
Accurately planProduct Highlights
Help IT know what electrical infrastructure to build into a new location or disaster recovery site. The design can be based on actual historical data rather than faceplate ratings or best-guess scenarios which result in overbuilding and lead to hard-to-correct inefficiencies.
- Consolidated user interface for centralized management
- Monitor and measure energy consumption costs
- Real-time visibility into power usage to operate or manage power more efficiently
- Identify costs and trends to simplify power and cooling capacity planning
- Determine actual energy usage by department to create charge-back process
- Identify what activities can be moved to off-peak times or virtualized servers
- Ability to set a maximum on power usage and threshold alerts to stay within budget
- Preemptive notifications and environmental alarms