Engineered to the same high standards, the A12 provides deep, rich bass and smooth highs as a complement to other NEAR loudspeakers.
The A12 is a high-power speaker that projects well in far-field applications as well as in more intimate settings. A built-in transformer means one speaker will work with 70V or 16-ohm systems. Dual metal-alloy mid/bass drivers and a Mylar high-frequency compression driver combine to minimize distortion and provide precise sound reproduction at any volume level.
From gold-plated input connectors to the patented Metal Diaphragm Technology (MDT) used in the two 6-1/2" drivers, all components of the A12 are designed with the goal of providing outstanding reliability and performance for years down the road - without compromising top-quality sound. Even the woofer frames and exterior housing have been designed to maximize sound quality and durability.
The A12 is ideal for both music and voice reproduction, and its powerful, highly directional output and weatherproof design makes it the perfect speaker for sound reinforcement in outdoor venues like theme parks, amphitheaters, and sports fields.Product Highlights
- Dual 6-1/2" LF driver with horn-loaded HF driver
- One model for both 70V systems and low-impedance systems
- Dual metal-alloy MDT mid/bass speaker cones are extremely stable in all environments
- Patented MLS Ferrofluid voice coil suspension replaces distortion-causing mechanical spider
- Rigid MDT diaphragm design delivers clear sound and low distortion
- Dual-layer voice coil with separate inner and outer windings for improved thermal path
- Horn-loaded compression driver features mylar diaphragm for long-term, consistent performance
- High sensitivity and power handling for unmatched sound coverage
- Vented cabinet with specially-designed vent covers that resist water entry
- Improved compound rubber surrounds resist UV rays, chemicals, and salt spray
- Attractive styling with patented "armadillo" ridges improve durability as well as sound
- Gold-plated, rustproof input connectors