NEARTM Signature loudspeaker is compact, versatile, and features NEAR.s unique driver technologies which produce impeccable sound quality. With its compact form factor, the speaker is an excellent fit for most indoor environments or protected outdoor locations. By using the ferrofluid formulations and robust, oversized, voice coils, the NEAR Signature speaker provides exceptionally high thermal endurance for unmatched long-term power handling and durability. The proprietary MDTTM metal-alloy cone structure and patented, spiderless MLSTM driver technology combine to create not only a sonically exceptional loudspeaker, but one which is highly resistant to moisture, humidity, heat, cold, salt, chlorine, and many other common environmental assaults.
Designed to both sound and look great, the speaker employs NEAR. s unique MDT and MLS technologies; thick-walled, low-resonance ABS enclosures; scratch-resistant, powder-coated aluminum grilles; and compact, powder-coated cast aluminum swivel mounts.
Distinctive, compact swivel mount bracket assemblyProduct Highlights
The NEAR Signature hemispherical swivel mount provides close-to-the-wall mounting, in both a vertical and horizontal orientation, while at the same time offering a wide range of movement for accurate aiming of the speaker. Once positioned, the precise angle is locked into place with a simple cap-nut that can be tightened by hand or with a nut driver. Made of cast aluminum for strength and powder-coated for durability, the simplicity of this 3-piece mount allows for a quick, straightforward installation. Simply secure the mounting bracket base to the mounting surface, attach speaker bracket to the speaker, drop the speaker over the mounting bracket base's stud, aim the speaker, and then tighten down the cap nut.
- Metal-alloy cones provide superior musical detail
- High rigidity and low mass of metal versus traditional papers and plastics
- Fast transmission of sound through the diaphragm means lower energy storage, and a special anodizing process creates a ceramic coating for increased stiffness
- Efficient heat-sinking of voice coils for long-term, high-power situations
- Eliminates distortion caused by traditional fabric centering "spiders"
- Voice coil is more efficiently heat-sinked by fluid instead of air and constantly centered for low distortion
- Greater linearity is accomplished because the mechanical spider is eliminated
- Constant lubrication of gap prevents oxidation from humid environs