The Brocade 425 (dual ports) 4 Gbit/sec Fiber Channel to PCIe Host Bus Adapter (HBAs) provides a new level of server connectivity through unmatched hardware capabilities and unique software configurability. This HBA is designed to help IT organizations implement true end-to-end services across next-generation data centers.
As virtualization becomes more prevalent in today's enterprise data centers, organizations require server connectivity options with higher performance, guaranteed service levels, simplified management, and greater data protection for both physical and virtualized environments.
As part of the strategic Brocade Data Center Fabric (DCF) architecture, the Brocade 425 HBA lays the foundation for extending fabric intelligence to servers, virtual machines, applications, and services. This approach enables tighter integration across the enterprise, including both physical and virtual networks.
By installing Brocade HBA, organizations have the foundation to leverage N Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) and maintain Quality of Service (QoS) from the virtual port throughout the fabric. And, to reduce administrative workload, they will be able to automate the SAN boot process to quickly deploy diskless servers and operating systems.
For local or remote management, Brocade provides Host Connectivity Manager (HCM) native GUI and Command Line Interface (CLI) tools to configure and monitor HBA as part of a unified, end-to-end management strategy. Open APIs and standards-based interfaces are also available for integration with popular third-party applications and higher-level frameworks.Product Highlights
- Intelligent PCIe lane negotiation to maximize bus throughput
- Parallel I/O engines to support simultaneous I/O transfers
- Flow control to maximize link utilization between HBAs and adjacent switch ports
- Local and remote management of distributed HBAs with fabric-based boot LUN discovery for automated SAN boot configuration to quickly deploy diskless servers
- FC-ping, FC-Traceroute, and LED port beaconing to simplify fault isolation
- Data protection across PCIe and FC (T10 CRC), memory blocks, and ASIC (ECC)
- FC-SP security for device authentication
- Multiple I/O data queues to increase performance for virtualized environments
- Certified for VMware, Microsoft, and Novell hypervisors