Managing operational risk by protecting valuable digital assets has become increasingly critical in today's enterprise IT environments. In addition to achieving compliance with regulatory mandates and meeting industry standards for data confidentiality, IT organizations must also protect against potential litigation and liability following a reported breach.
In the context of data center fabric security, Brocade provides advanced fabric services for Storage Area Networks (SANs) with the Brocade FS8-18 Encryption Blade for use in the Brocade DCX Backbone family. The blade is a high-speed, highly reliable hardware device that delivers fabric-based encryption services to secure data assets either selectively or on a comprehensive basis.
The Brocade FS8-18 scales non-disruptively, providing from 48 Gbps up to 96 Gbps of encryption processing power to meet the needs of the most demanding environments with flexible, on-demand performance. It also provides compression services at speeds up to 48 Gbps for tape storage systems. Moreover, it is tightly integrated with industry-leading, enterprise-class key management systems that can scale to support key lifecycle services across distributed environments.
Most sensitive corporate data is stored in the data center, and the vast majority of data from critical applications resides in a SAN - enabling organizations to leverage the existing intelligence layer in the storage fabric. This layer provides a centralized framework in which to deploy, manage, and scale fabric-based data security solutions. The Brocade FS8-18 is managed and configured using familiar Brocade Data Center Fabric Manager (DCFM) and CLI management tools, and is easily integrated into existing network infrastructures.
High-value applications and solution areas
Two of the greatest business benefits of the Brocade FS8-18 are increased productivity and reduced risk of data exposure. Other key benefits include improved backup performance while deploying encryption/compression and investment protection for existing resources.
Investment protection and efficiencyProduct Highlights
The Brocade FS8-18 is the industry's most effective encryption platform in terms of power efficiency and system performance. In fact, it provides several times the encryption and compression processing power of competitive offerings while delivering a significant advantage in rack space utilization. To help organizations protect their technology investments, the Brocade FS8-18 integrated into the Brocade DCX Backbone family chassis features forward and backward compatibility with Brocade B-Series and M-Series fabrics.
- High-performance, scalable fabric-based encryption enforces data confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Unparalleled encryption processing at up to 96 Gbps supports heterogeneous enterprise data centers
- Choice of industry-leading key management solutions that help reduce operational costs and simplify management
- Industry-standard AES-256 encryption algorithms for both disk and tape in a single, centralized security platform for SAN environments
- Frame Redirection technology enables easy, non-intrusive deployment of fabric-based security services
- Scalable performance with on-demand encryption and compression processing power meets regulatory mandates for securing data