Brocade Server Application Optimization (SAO) enhances overall application performance and virtual machine scalability by extending Brocade data center fabric technologies to the server infrastructure. SAO enables individual traffic flows to be specifically configured, prioritized, and optimized from end-to-end throughout the data center.
SAO is enabled via software licensing on Brocade switches and directors, and is deployed along with Brocade adapters to help IT organizations more easily manage true end-to-end SAN services across next-generation data centers.
Increased server consolidation
Server consolidation drives the number of VMs that share a single adapter port. SAO is designed to ensure deterministic SLAs of multiple workloads in dynamic or unpredictable enterprise-class virtual server environments. The ability for IT organizations to deploy and manage end-to-end services provides for greater efficiency at lower cost across an increasingly virtualized infrastructure.
Investment protection with seamless deployment
Seamlessly integrated with Fiber Channel N_port ID virtualization (NPIV) technology, and with an upgrade option on existing SAN deployments, SAO protects customers' SAN investments and doesn't require rip and replace or SAN re-design. This allows IT administrators to confidently maintain SLAs while deploying more heterogeneous VMs per server.
End-to-end storage networking with brocade HBAsProduct Highlights
As part of the Brocade SAO technology platform, Brocade HBAs lay the foundation for extending fabric intelligence to servers, virtual machines, applications, and services, enabling end-to-end storage network management. By installing Brocade HBAs with an SAO license on the fabric, organizations will have the foundation to leverage NPIV and maintain Quality-of-Service (QoS) from the virtual port throughout the fabric.
- Enables heterogeneous applications or virtual machines (VMs) to share a single adapter by ensuring end-to-end Application-oriented Quality of Service (AQoS)
- Enables more VMs per server by providing traffic isolation and prioritization on each VM's data flow
- Preserves Service Level Agreements (SLAs) of mission-critical applications by extending QoS from the SAN to the application
- Integrated with standards-based FC Virtualization (NPIV) and requires no re-architecture of the storage fabrics
- Leverages FC-based Virtual Channel technology in switch and adapter ASICs for prioritization of traffic flow end-to-end across the adapters and storage fabric
- Deployment and policy configuration centrally managed via Data Center Fabric Manager (DCFM)
- Enables application-level performance monitoring, statistics and diagnostics