Leveraging Brocade VCS technology, Brocade VDX 6720 data center switches provide the foundation for Ethernet fabric -revolutionizing the design of layer 2 networks and enabling cloud-optimized networking.
As IT organizations look for better ways to build clouds and virtualized data centers, they are turning to high-performance networking solutions that increase flexibility through leading-edge technologies. Brocade VDX 6720 Data Center Switches are specifically designed to improve network utilization, maximize application availability, increase scalability, and dramatically simplify network architecture in virtualized data centers. By leveraging Brocade VCS technology, the Brocade VDX 6720 builds data center Ethernet fabric - revolutionizing the design of layer 2 networks and providing an intelligent foundation for cloud computing.
Whether organizations want to enhance their classic hierarchical network architectures, deploy flatter scale-out fabrics for virtualized data centers, or converge networks, the Brocade VDX 6720 delivers the innovative technology to enhance and simplify their networks.
Flexible deployments to solve data center challenges
For classic Ethernet architectures, Brocade VCS technology enables organizations to preserve existing network designs and cabling, and to gain active-active server connections without employing Spanning Tree Protocol (STP). For scale-out fabric architectures, Brocade VCS technology allows organizations to flatten the network design, provide Virtual Machine (VM) mobility without network reconfiguration, and manage the entire fabric as a single logical chassis.
Enabling cloud-optimized networking
Brocade VDX 6720 data center switches are designed to exceed the requirements of emerging cloud computing architectures. A hardware design, combined with Brocade Network Operating System (Brocade Network OS), supports higher-performance networks, greater network utilization, and added flexibility for the entire data center. These capabilities are critical for scaling out virtual server environments that require seamless movement, addition, and removal of application resources.
The Brocade VDX 6720 is also designed with maximum flexibility in mind. Each port supports both 10 Gbps and 1 Gbps connections, providing the bandwidth needed for the servers while supporting existing servers. In addition, multiple cabling options are available, enabling a more cost-efficient network design. For example, organizations can use direct-attached copper cables for server connections within the rack, direct-attached optical cables for switch-to-switch fabric connections, and optics and fiber optic cabling for uplinks to the network core.
Comprehensive layer 2 LAN capabilitiesProduct Highlights
Along with Brocade VCS fabric technology, the Brocade VDX 6720 includes a rich set of traditional layer 2 Ethernet protocols and features. When communicating to the rest of the network, the Brocade VDX 6720 utilizes protocols such as Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and 802.1Q.
- Simplifies network architectures and enables cloud computing by delivering Brocade VCS technology
- Maximizes performance through wire-speed ports with 600 nanosecond port-to-port latency and hardware-based Inter-Switch Link (ISL) trunking
- Provides multi-homed active-active server connections for Ethernet networks
- Builds scale-out Ethernet fabrics for virtualized data centers
- Enables end-to-end convergence of Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), iSCSI, and NAS storage traffic along with IP LAN data traffic
- Simplifies management by maintaining network policies as virtual machines move throughout the data center with Automatic Migration of Port Profiles (AMPP)
- Helps reduce operational costs and complexity by enabling the entire fabric to be managed as a single switch