Get more security and control by segmenting your security management into multiple virtual domains. Any size business can benefit - easily creating virtual domains based on geography, business unit or security function to strengthen security and simplify management. Convert an existing security management environment into a Multi-Domain Security Management environment by simply adding software blades.
Transition seamlessly from single to multi-domain security management
Convert an existing security management environment into a Multi-Domain Security Management environment by simply adding software blades.
Multi-domain, multi-policy management
Segregate complex management environments into multiple domains. Each management domain is an independent security management environment with a separate database, log server and its own set of security policies.
Secured communications for all multi-domain components
Create separate certificate authorities to ensure secure communication between gateways and their management domains, and between management domains and the multi-domain system.
Trusted communication between multi-domain systems and related applications
SIC protocol secures all communication between security management and respective multi-domain components and servers. SIC protocol secures all communication and administrative authentication between multi-domain components and SmartConsole applications.
Define templates for global security rules and assign them to multiple domains. Global security policy can be assigned to all managed domains or just to a select group of domains.
Granular administrator controls
Create and centrally manage multiple administrators for multi-domain management environments. Administrators can be assigned to specific domains.
Monitor all multi-domain system components (domains, global policy, administrators etc. ) and gateways from a central location.
Domain-independent log server
Collect and store security gateway logs for each domain in a separate, independent log server.
Redundancy and backupProduct Highlights
Synchronize multi-domain management databases (MDS database, global policy and ICA database) between multiple multi-domain servers. Backup your virtual management domain using standard security management.
- Maximize security by segmenting your management into multiple virtual domains
- Segment your security into virtual domains based on location or function
- Consolidate your management while preserving domain independence
- Maintain separation of duties with granular role-based administration
- Get better security with consistent global policies
- Enforce a common security baseline
- Achieve greater accuracy with a common network topology
- Strengthen security with a single configuration for VPN, firewall and IPS
- Deploy multi-domain management simply and affordably
- Combine common infrastructure by consolidating security management
- Leverage your investment by adding new virtual management domains