Check Point Security Gateway Virtual Edition (VE) protects dynamic virtualized environments and external networks from both internal and external threats by securing virtual machines and applications. Based on proven security technologies and the Software Blade architecture, VE inspects inter-VM traffic in dynamic virtualized environments.
Inter-VM traffic inspection
Ensure virtual machine security by inspecting all inter-VM traffic with granular firewall policies and integrated best-in-class intrusion prevention. Security Gateway VE utilizes VMware's VMsafe technology to seamlessly enforce security within the hypervisor.
Enforce security for dynamic virtualized environments
Virtual machine protection is continuous during live migration of virtual machines from one host to another and when virtual machines are added. Full support for VMware VMotion and DRS allows the security policy to be enforced while maintaining open connections. This also ensures zero down time when virtual machines are moved from host to host for maintenance and dynamic resource allocation.
Full virtualized security gateway
Security Gateway VE provides comprehensive security based on Software Blade architecture protecting both inter-VM traffic and external networks and assets. In addition to seemless hypervisor-layer security, VE also provides the flexibility to be deployed as a Layer 2 or Layer 3 default gateway.
Plug-and-Play security for virtual machines
Plug-and-Play security for virtual machines requiring no network changes. Security Gateway VE reduces administration overhead by automatically applying security to virtual machines without the need to change network topology configuration for the VMs, VLANs or VSwitches.
Single management for physical and virtualized environmentsProduct Highlights
Security management is simplified with unified administration of physical and virtualized environments including clear separation of administrative functions between virtualization and security admins.
- Preserve security with zero downtime during virtual machine live migration
- Ensure newly added virtual machines are protected with automatic security policy enforcement
- Granular firewall policies protect against both internal and external threats
- Secure host virtual machines as well as external networks and assets
- Integrated intrusion prevention protects against malicious and unwanted network activity
- Simplify security management with unified administration of physical and virtualized environments
- Accelerate auditing and achieve compliance with tailored reporting for the virtual infrastructure