Business and network transformation brings new challenges to traditional IT network management. The proliferation of mobile devices and pervasive voice and video collaboration, along with cloud and data center virtualization, is driving the need for higher levels of service and improved quality of experience across the network infrastructure. These services and applications require network managers to have improved visibility to quickly and proactively troubleshoot and resolve problems before they affect services and end-user experience.
Cisco Prime Infrastructure addresses these challenges by providing a single integrated solution for comprehensive lifecycle management of the wired/wireless access, campus, and branch networks, and rich visibility into end-user connectivity and application performance assurance issues.
Cisco Prime Infrastructure accelerates the rollout of services and provides secure access and management of mobile devices, making "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) a reality for corporate IT. Tightly coupling client awareness with application performance visibility and network control, Cisco Prime Infrastructure helps ensure uncompromised end-user quality of experience. Deep integration with the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) further extends this visibility across security and policy-related problems, presenting a complete view of client access issues with a clear path to solving them.
Converged simplified lifecycle management
Combining the wireless functionality of Cisco Prime Network Control System (NCS) with the wired functionality of Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution (LMS), Cisco Prime Infrastructure simplifies and automates many of the day-to-day tasks associated with maintaining and managing the end-to-end network infrastructure from a single pane of glass. The converged solution delivers all of the existing wireless capabilities for RF management, user access visibility, reporting, and troubleshooting along with wired lifecycle functions such as discovery, inventory, configuration and image management, automated deployment, compliance reporting, integrated best practices, and reporting.
Improve application delivery and end-user experience
By converging lifecycle management and assurance, Cisco Prime Infrastructure empowers network managers to more effectively manage their network as well as the services their network delivers. Bringing device management capabilities into operational monitoring workflows provides a holistic, multidimensional view of the user, application, and network. Cisco Prime Infrastructure enables embedded Cisco instrumentation and industry-standard technologies to deliver network wide application-aware visibility. It provides operations monitoring and quality of experience workflows that reduce instrumentation configuration and data collection complexity to quickly and easily gain insight into network and application performance.
Help ensure corporate and regulatory compliance
Cisco Prime Infrastructure provides continuous compliance and auditing capabilities to help IT organizations monitor and assess their network and device configuration for out-of-policy configuration, discrepancies, and security and risk vulnerabilities. A robust compliance engine provides predefined rules for customized policy analysis against industry and Cisco best practices, and Cisco advisories such as end-of-life and Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) notifications. The regulatory compliance license provides up-to-date rules for policy analysis against industry governance standards, such as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
Reduce operational expensesProduct Highlights
Cisco Prime Infrastructure's scalable single-pane-of-glass solution significantly reduces operational costs by reducing the number of required management solutions. Cisco Prime Infrastructure scales to manage thousands of routers and switches, and hundreds of Cisco wireless controllers, which in turn can manage up to 15000 Cisco Aironet access points. Cisco Prime Infrastructure offers both physical appliance and virtual appliance options for deployment flexibility without sacrificing scalability, ease of installation and setup, or serviceability and sustainability.
- Streamlined workflows facilitate design, deployment, and operational lifecycle tasks that align with user roles
- Contextual dashboards and 360-degree views display only the most relevant information for fast and efficient troubleshooting
- Flexible user experience accommodates novice and experienced IT administrators, reducing the investment in multiple tools
- The Cisco Prime Infrastructure Toolbar client widget provides real-time at-a-glance updates of network status from your browser or Microsoft Outlook clients
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Mobile application for Apple iOS devices helps enable fingertip access to view, troubleshoot, and resolve network issues anywhere and anytime
- Integration with Cisco knowledge base helps to ensure optimal service and support, product updates, best practices, and reports to improve network availability
- Smart interactions streamline service request creation, reducing the time required to fix problems
- Flexible virtual machine and physical appliance solutions provide cost-effective, easy-to-install options for small to global enterprise-class networks
- Built-in high availability maximizes uptime for services delivery and improves operational efficiency
- Role-based access control provides flexibility to segment the network into one or more virtual domains controlled by a single Cisco Prime Infrastructure platform. Virtual domains help deploy both large, multisite networks and managed services
- Extensive discovery protocol support helps improve accuracy and completeness
- Flexible grouping and site profiles help to manage large networks by associating network elements to user definable groups or to a hierarchical campus, building, and floor model
- Device work center simplifies access to the tools and features necessary to easily manage the network inventory, including discovery, manual and bulk import, and software image management
- Customizable predefined Cisco best practices and validated design configuration templates help enable quick and easy device and service deployment
- Composite templates allow greater flexibility and packaging of individual templates into larger, reusable, purpose-built configurations for more consistent and quicker network designs
- Automated deployment workflows provide Plug-and-Play functionality to simplify the rollout of devices and sites, accelerating service availability
- Centralized monitoring of branch, campus, and WLAN access networks helps maintain robust performance and an optimal access connectivity experience
- Integration with Cisco ISE and Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) view provides a simple way to collect and analyze additional data relevant to endpoints
- Integrated workflows and tools help IT administrators quickly assess service disruptions, receive notices about performance degradation, research resolutions, and take action to remedy non-optimal situations
- Robust predefined compliance rules engine provides customizable compliance auditing based on Cisco and industry best practice rules