The Prisma FiberLinX modules connect two remote networks over fiber and allow administrators to observe both endpoints and the fiber link between them not as separate elements, but as a single management entity. Host management traffic is not visible to the remote or customer network. Access to the customer network is not required, allowing end-to-end data integrity.
Prisma FiberLinX modules allow for remote configuration, and alert administrators to any potential problems on the long-haul fiber run. These modules also provide vital information on link condition and report data traffic statistics. Additionally, these modules help reduce the total cost of network equipment by functioning as a copper-to-fiber media converter, allowing the use of lower-cost copper switches at both ends of the fiber connection.
The Prisma FiberLinX module VLAN functionality is extremely versatile, allowing installation in virtually any environment. Prisma FiberLinX modules support a full range of VLAN IDs, and offer a 2-tier queue for differential prioritization. Available as a module for installation in any Prisma MediaCenter chassis or Prisma MediaCPE chassis, Prisma FiberLinX includes the FiberAlert feature for troubleshooting, as well as bidirectional bandwidth control.
Prisma FiberLinX modules are easy to configure with GUI-based PrismaView SNMP management application software. PrismaView provides operational and system health information, and the ability to control various functions of Prisma FiberLinX modules. SNMP traps alert administrators to potential network failures, reduce administrative overhead, and increase network integrity and uptime. Information reported from Prisma FiberLinX modules via SNMP services includes LAN packets received and transmitted, errors, and port status. This allows network administrators to keep networks running in peak condition.Product Highlights
- All management traffic remains isolated from the remote LAN
- 802.1Q and 802.1p compatible - installs in a wide variety of VLAN and non-VLAN environments
- Provides differential priority and bidirectional bandwidth control
- Manage and monitor fiber traffic between switches or routers and receive vital system health information and notification should problems occur
- Minimizes cost of building and operating networks
- SNMP V2c compatible
- Auto MDI-II/MDI-X on data and external management transmit ports