D-View 6.0 SNMP Network Management System (Standard edition) is a comprehensive standards-based management tool designed to centrally manage critical network characteristics such as availability, reliability, resilience and security in a consistent way. Flexible and versatile, this software accommodates a wide range of D-Link and third-party devices.
D-View 6.0 is organized into a vendor-independent platform and user plug-in modules. The platform consists of several main components, which can be loaded or unloaded according to the user's needs. Plug-in modules exist for the D-Link devices that the administrators want to manage. When a device is selected for management, D-View 6.0 will look for that device's plug-in module and display its image on the screen.
Users can create a topology map to graphically represent an existing or planned network. Users can further customize their diagrams with selected icons and bitmap files used for the background. When a topology map is opened, D-View 6.0 will discover the devices connected on the network and display their icons on the map. Then D-View 6.0 periodically polls network devices to monitor their status, via the SNMP and ICMP protocols.
D-View 6.0 can recognize SNMP-enabled devices and also distinguish the device's type. For remote network devices, D-View 6.0 acts as a trap receiver, collecting traps sent by the devices and notifying network administrators immediately.
For those non-D-Link devices that do not have plug-in modules, D-View 6.0 offers a MIB compiler to integrate third-party MIB files into the system. After compilation, D-View 6.0 loads them into the database. The compiler can communicate with these devices, enabling the administrator to get the values currently stored in the devices or to set new values for specific MIB objects. All MIBs are converted into a graphic tree view, accessible by the administrator to manage the devices. As non-D-Link devices do not have plug-in modules for installation in D-View 6.0, this software can simulate the device panels to create user interface graphics.
D-View 6.0's Trap Editor provides user with the capability to edit trap descriptions, import third parties' trap definitions and configure trap notifications via mail and sound. D-View 6.0 also provides simultaneous backup configurations, batch configurations and the capability to enable specific functions for LAN switches.Product Highlights
- Auto-generates network topology maps and periodically polls network devices
- Creates detailed network schematics
- Graphically represents real-time status of devices
- Supports batch configuration and is capable of configuring multiple devices at a time
- Central management center for D-Link's E2ES (End-to-End Security) solutions
- Manages wireless switches, access points and NetDefend products such as IPS and UTM firewalls
- Supports multiple, concurrent administrators
- Customizable trap messages for user readability and additional information
- Trap/Alarm notification by e-mail and sound
- MIB complier and browser for easy management of third-party devices under the same platform
- SNMPv3 support for major MIBs
- Database supporting familiar Microsoft SQL server and Microsoft access formats