It's a Drobo, so by definition it's easy-to-use. Now it's also the fastest portable storage array - with cutting-edge Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 connectivity and innovative use of solid state drives (SSDs). Along with the power of BeyondRAID, it delivers all the power and flexibility of its larger sibling, Drobo 5D, in a miniaturized package. Whether you're working at your desktop, shooting and editing photos or videos onsite, or traveling to the next location, it's the world's first high-performance and protected portable storage array. So now you can take and access your valuable digital assets wherever you go. Easiest, fastest, safest, smallest - Drobo Mini is very unique and unexpected - but frankly that's what you should expect from Drobo.
Drobo Mini has everything that's in the high-capacity Drobo 5D in a package that's the size of a deli sandwich. Made of a cutting-edge metallic carbon fiber with a soft-touch rubberized finish, Drobo Mini is small, rugged, and feels as cool as it looks. From the modern materials to the wraparound light indicators to the drive bay design, Mini is truly big storage in a small box.
First Drobo with 2.5" drives
Drobo Mini takes 2.5" drives - that's what makes it portable. Four hot-swappable drive bays support drives of any capacity. No carriers or screws are needed to insert drives into a Drobo and the Drobo Mini is no different. An innovative design allows drives to click in and out like a ballpoint pen.
Data protection and expandability made simple
Built on award-winning BeyondRAID technology with single- or dual-drive redundancy, Drobo Mini protects your data without any user interaction, even in the event of multiple drive failures. Drives can be added or hot-swapped on-the-fly for storage expansion with zero downtime. If you're running low on space, the wraparound lights on the front tell you what to do. Just add a drive in an empty bay or remove a smaller drive and replace it with a larger one.
Power of thunderbolt & flexibility of USBProduct Highlights
Thunderbolt I/O technology provides performance that no personal storage has been able to achieve, especially one that's portable. This allows you to move large amounts of data in a fraction of the time it used to take. Visit the Thunderbolt technology site to learn more about this exciting way to connect devices.
In The Box
- Drobo Mini takes 2.5" drives—that's what makes it portable. Four hot-swappable drive bays support drives of any capacity. No carriers or screws are needed to insert drives into a Drobo and the Drobo Mini is no different. An innovative new design allows drives to click in and out like a ballpoint pen
- Thunderbolt I/O technology provides performance that no personal storage has been able to achieve, especially one that's portable. This allows you to move large amounts of data in a fraction of the time it used to take. Drobo Mini is equipped with dual Thunderbolt ports for daisy chaining. Connect up to six Thunderbolt devices and/or a non-Thunderbolt monitor at the end of the chain. The bidirectional 10 Gbps performance of Thunderbolt allows all devices in the chain to achieve maximum throughput. Drobo is the only storage array that offers Thunderbolt AND USB 3.0. This latest generation of USB also offers high-performance connectivity and is backward compatibility with any computer running compatible versions of Mac OS X or Windows
- Data-Aware Tiering technology, usually reserved for business-class storage solutions, is also available in this portable Drobo. It intelligently uses the high-performance flash in SSDs to accelerate performance of the storage array, allowing applications such as Adobe Premiere and Apple Aperture fast access to data. To keep capacity of the Drobo at a maximum, the Drobo Accelerator Bay accepts an industry-standard mSATA SSD, leaving all four 2.5" drives bays available for high-capacity HDDs
- Drobo doesn't just protect you from a drive failure, but also from potential data loss after a power outage. Often found only in arrays that cost tens of thousands of dollars, Drobo Mini includes a battery that protects all data in memory, or cache, that is, data on its way to the drives. Yes, Drobo Mini actually has room for a big battery (barely)! When power spontaneously goes away, the battery keeps the Drobo alive long enough for the data to be written to non-volatile storage, ensuring your important information is safe. This battery recharges itself and is designed to last for the life of the product
- Drobo Mini
- 1 m (3.3 ft) Thunderbolt cable
- 1 m (3.3 ft) USB 3.0 cable
- 1 m (3.3 ft) power cord with power supply
- Quick Start Card