EDGE Boost Pro Slim Solid State Drives (SSDs) are designed to be a direct replacement for traditional spinning disk hard drives. The result is a faster, lighter, more durable, and more reliable solution primed to replace outdated hard drives. Boost SSDs are both PC and Mac compatible and will work in almost any computer or server with a SATA interface. EDGE offers various notebook, desktop, and server upgrade kits designed to make the transition to SSDs a smooth and easy operation.
Utilizing a premium SandForce controller, the Boost Pro Slim SSD can achieve ultra fast read and write speeds. In comparison to hard drives, SSDs can cut system boot times by up to 5x. Fast read/write speeds, coupled with a high max IOPS rating, provide fantastic performance gains in boot times, file transfers, and software application loading.
A traditional hard drive can be compared to a car - with so many moving mechanical components constantly in use, parts inevitably wear out over time. With no moving parts inside, Boost SSDs are more reliable and less susceptible to mechanical failures than hard drives. This also results in longer notebook battery life, lower heat emission, and completely silent operation.
Security is a critical feature of the Boost Slim SSD, featuring 256-bit AES hardware encryption that secures 100% of data when enabled. The feature rich-SandForce controller comes standard with robust tools such as S.M.A.R.T., Garbage Collection, wear leveling, and ECC to promote stability and reliability. SandForce -exclusive functions - Durawrite and RAISE - further enhance data efficiency and increase the lifespan of the SSD.
The Boost Pro Slim SSD is quite possibly the best upgrade you will ever make to your system - make the switch from archaic hard drives today.Product Highlights
- Breakthrough performance: transfer rates of up to 560 MB/s read and 525 MB/s write
- Extreme durability: no moving parts - much more durable and reliable than traditional hard drives that use a spinning disk
- Less power consumption: typically provides up to 13% longer battery life, is more energy efficient, and runs cooler than a traditional hard drive
- Full Disk Encryption (FDE): 256-bit AES hardware encryption secures 100% of data when enabled
- Robust: SandForce Driven - includes a full complement of performance and stability enhancing features (TRIM, ECC, Garbage Collection, S.M.A.R.T., Durawrite, RAISE, and more)
- Perfect fit: low profile - 7 mm height allows for installation into small form factor notebooks
- Raw flash capacity: 64 GB (some capacity used for over-provisioning and not available for use)