The Emulex OCe10102-I-E is a single-chip, high-performance 10Gbps adapter that consolidates traffic for networking and iSCSI storage. A member of the Emulex OneConnect Universal Converged Network Adapter (UCNA) family, the OCe10102-I-E iSCSI adapter supports a common 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) infrastructure for networking and storage, reducing capital expense (CapEx) for adapters, switches and cables, and operational expense (OpEx) for power, cooling and IT administration.
10 Gigabit Ethernet offload
10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) will become the standard backbone for enterprise-class networks. Multi-core server platforms, server virtualization and high-demand applications, such as video on demand and voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) are all driving the need for low latency and high bandwidth. This iSCSI adapter delivers optimized 10GbE performance that meets these requirements with support for TCP/IP and TCP Chimney offloads.
This iSCSI adapter supports iSCSI offload, providing performance that is superior to iSCSI solutions based on software initiators and standard Network Interface Cards (NICs).
Boot from LAN/SAN
Preboot eXecutive Environment (PXE) and iSCSI boot support make this adapter an ideal solution for blade servers and other diskless deployments.
OneCommand Manager provides centralized management of Emulex One Connect UCNAs and HBAs throughout the data center from a centralized management console. OneCommand Manager provides a graphical user interface (GUI) and a scriptable command line user interface (CLI), which drive administration efficiency and business agility.
A single installation of drivers and applications for Windows servers eliminates multiple reboots and ensures that each component is installed correctly and OneConnect UCNAs are ready to use.
More virtual machines per server with vEngine technology
Protocol offloads for TCP/IP and iSCSI enable more VMs per server, providing greater cost savings for server virtualization.
Greener data centers
The Emulex OneConnect UCNA platform delivers industry-leading performance and scalability per watt, reducing requirements for power and cooling. Protocol offload enables efficient use of computing resources, supports more VMs per CPU, and reduces the number of servers required to support data center demands.
Advanced error checkingProduct Highlights
End-to-end data protection with hardware parity, CRC, ECC and other advanced error checking and correcting ensure that data is safe from corruption.
- 10Gbps Ethernet and iSCSI offload
- Simplifies I/O hardware choices for IT managers
- TCIP/IP stateless offloads
- Highest CPU efficiency with TCP chimney offload
- ISCSI offload performance exceeds software initiator solutions
- Industry-leading performance per watt
- Complements data center "green" initiatives
- One management console for network and storage
- Integrated management of UCNAs and Host Bus Adapters (HBAs)
- Converges network and storage I/O with high-performance 10GbE connectivity
- One network infrastructure reduces CapEx
- One management console reduces OpEx
- Leverages existing IT investments
- More virtual machines (VMs) per server with TCP/IP and iSCSI offloads
- Backed by field-proven Emulex reliability and support