There's more to IT management than keeping technology up and running. You need to know how infrastructure and application problems impact the business so you can prioritize corrective action on solving the problems that matter most.
EMC Ionix Business Impact Manager (formerly Smarts Business Impact Manager) automatically calculates the impact of infrastructure and application issues on business services, and is the only solution that can model business processes and tie them to underlying infrastructure. With this precise impact analysis, you can take swift action to protect the services and processes most critical to your business.
Business Impact Manager calculates the impact of network, system, and application problems by totaling the values of all affected customer, service, and infrastructure components. You assign these values, or "weights", according to business importance. You can customize the impact analysis to leverage external data, such as importing penalty rates from service contracts, to automatically calculate business value. In addition, Ionix is the only solution that can determine business impact based on non-IT notifications. You add the notification - such as loss of a major supplier or delivery channel - and assign a severity level. Ionix automatically includes that factor in its business impact calculation.
Corrective action prioritization
You can use Ionix Business Impact Manager to assign the right skilled resources to the problems that affect the business most.
Define the criteria used to measure business impact.
Business process mapping
Automatically update maps as the IT environment changes.
Targeted calculationsProduct Highlights
Determine the business impact of network, system, or application outages, and prepare customer service representatives accordingly.
- Identifies the services and customers affected by infrastructure and application problems
- Calculates business impact based on criteria you define
- Supports business process mapping and automatically updates maps as the IT environment changes
- Boosts service level agreement (SLA) compliance by showing you which infrastructure and application problems impact critical customers and services
- Maximizes use of skilled resources because you can prioritize corrective action on the problems that matter most
- Increases competitive advantage, profitability, and customer loyalty by maximizing availability and performance of business-critical services
- Helps customer service agents respond knowledgeably to customer inquiries