The I/O module provides high Quality of Service (QoS) features for critical applications such as voice and HD video even during periods of high network traffic load while also proactively preventing Denial of Service (DoS) attacks and malware propagation.
Hardware-based high availability features
The K-Series includes many standard high availability features. These hardware-based high availability features allow the K-Series to be deployed in mission critical environments that require 24/7 availability.
Distributed, flow-based architecture
In order to ensure granular visibility and management of traffic without sacrificing performance, the Enterasys K-Series deploys flowbased architecture. This architecture ensures that when a specific communications flow is being established between two end points, the first packets in that communication are processed through the multilayer classification engines in the switch and the I/O fabric module. In this process, the role is identified, the applicable policies are determined, the packets are inspected and the action is determined.
Multi-user/method authentication and policy
Authentication allows enterprise organizations to manage network access and provide mobility to users and devices. It provides a way to know who or what is connected to the network and where this connection is at any time. The Enterasys K-Series has unique, industry leading capabilities regarding types of simultaneous authentication methods. K-Series modules can support multiple concurrent authentication techniques.
Dynamic, flow-based packet classification
Another unique feature that separates the Enterasys K-Series from all competitive switches is the capability to provide user-based multi-layer packet classification/QoS. With the wide array of network applications used on networks, traditional multi-layer packet classification by itself is not enough to guarantee the timely transport of businesscritical applications. In the K-Series, user-based multi-layer packet classification allows traffic classification not just by packet type, but also by the role of the user on the network and the assigned policy of that user.
Network visibility from high fidelity NetFlow
Network performance management and security capabilities via NetFlow are on Enterasys K-Series switch ports without slowing down switching and routing performance. Enterasys NetFlow tracks every packet in every flow as opposed to more typical statistical sampling techniques or restrictive appliance-based implementations. The value of unsampled, real-time NetFlow monitoring is the visibility into exactly what traffic is traversing the network. If something abnormal occurs it will be captured by NetFlow and appropriate action can be applied.
Network traffic monitoring - port mirroringProduct Highlights
Port mirroring is an integrated diagnostic tool for tracking network performance and security that is especially useful for fending off network intrusion and attacks. It is a low-cost alternative to network taps and other solutions that may require additional hardware, disrupt normal network operation, affect client applications or may introduce a point of failure into your network.
- Ensures each end-user receives the information, services and applications needed to achieve their business goals through extensive network visibility and control capabilities
- Green and efficient power system modularity drives down power and cooling costs by providing optimal incremental power consumption
- Consistent end user experience and network protection by effectively allocating critical network services while blocking suspicious traffic
- High-density, small form factor chassis in a standard rack, significantly reducing footprint costs
- Management automation and built-in resiliency features drive down operational costs and maximize uptime
- Automatically identifies and provisions devices and services reducing IT deployment time
- Reduces risk and simplifies network administration with built-in, not bolted on security
- Protects business traffic from malicious attacks and maintains information confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Extends network access control and security to existing edge switches and wireless access points, meeting the challenges associated with the computerization of IT