The Enterasys S-Series delivers a powerful combination of Terabit-class performance along with granular visibility and control over users, services, and applications to meet the increasing demands of today's businesses and enable optimization of key technologies including voice and video, virtualization, and cloud computing. Unlike competitive solutions lacking comprehensive centralized management and adequate high availability services, the Enterasys S-Series drives down operational costs through a combination of management automation, a robust and highly resilient distributed architecture, built-in security, and flexible power configurations specifically designed to reduce power and cooling costs. The highly versatile Enterasys S-Series delivers both the comprehensive functionality and configuration flexibility to be deployed as a premium high-density network edge access device, high performance distribution layer switch, resilient enterprise class multi-Terabit core router, or as a data center virtualization solution.
The S-Series provides a highly resilient distributed switching and routing architecture with management and control functions embedded in each module, delivering unsurpassed reliability, scalability, and fault tolerance. Organizations can cost-effectively add connectivity as needed while scaling performance capacity with each module. The highly available architecture makes forwarding decisions, and enforces security policies and roles while classifying/prioritizing traffic at wire speed. All I/O modules provide the highest Quality of Service (QoS) features for critical applications such as voice and HD video even during periods of high network traffic load while also proactively preventing Denial of Service (Dos) attacks and malware propagation.
Terabit-class performance with granular traffic visibility and control Automated network provisioning for virtualized, cloud, and converged voice/video/data environments High availability features including self-healing maximize business continuity for critical applications Versatile high density solution with highly flexible connectivity and power options reduces cost of ownership Greater than 6 Tbps backplane capacity with 1.28 Tbps switching capacity and 960 Mpps throughput The S-Series implements an industry-leading, flow-based switching architecture to intelligently manage individual user and application conversations - far beyond the capabilities of switches that are limited to using VLANs, ACLs, and ports to implement role-based access controls. Users are identified and roles are applied to ensure each individual user can access their business-critical applications no matter where they connect to the network. S-Series policy rules combined with deep packet inspection can intelligently sense and automatically respond to security threats while improving reliability and quality of the user experience.
A significant differentiator for the S-Series is the ability to collect NetFlow data at wire-speed on every port, providing total visibility into network resource consumption for users and applications. The S-Series is the only enterprise switch to support multi-user, multi-method authentication on every port - absolutely essential when you have devices such as IP phones, computers, printers, copiers, security cameras, badge readers, and virtual machines connected to the network. When quality of service, device and application prioritization, and security matters there is no better choice than the Enterasys S-Series.
Provide real-time visibility, application profiling, and capacity planning.
Server load balancing
Enable via LSNAT without requiring costly external server load balancing hardware and software.
Network Address Translation (NAT) streamlines IP addressing and IP address management schemes.
Link Layer Discovery Protocol for Media Endpoint Devices enhances VoIP deployments.
Flow setup throttling
(FST) effectively preempts and defends against Dos attacks.
Web cache redirect
It increases WAN and Internet bandwidth efficiency.
Node and alias location
Automatically tracks user and device location and enhances network management productivity and fault isolation.
Port protection suite
Maintain network availability by ensuring good protocol and end station behavior.
Flex-Edge technologyProduct Highlights
Provides advanced bandwidth management and allocation for demanding access/edge devices.
- Future-proofed, standards-based multi-terabit architecture for secure, reliable deployment of business-critical applications
- Best-in-class Quality of Service functionality for predictable performance of demanding voice, video, and data applications
- Flow-based architecture delivers unrivaled end-to-end visibility and control over users, services, and applications ensuring consistent end-user experience
- Built-in hardware support for 40 and 100 Gbps Ethernet, emerging protocols (IPv6) and large scale deployment protocols (MPLS)
- Unrivaled capabilities to protect business traffic from malicious attacks and maintain information confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Built-in not bolted-on security reduces cost of ownership and network administration complexity
- Multi-method network access control and role-based security that extends to existing edge switches and wireless access points allowing authentication of thousands of users or devices simultaneously on a single port
- Industry-leading customer satisfaction and first call resolution rates
- Personalized services, including site surveys, network design, installation, and training