The Enterasys Wireless Management Suite (WMS) is a powerful centralized management platform for the Enterasys Wireless portfolio, consolidating management information from across the entire WLAN to provide a global network perspective. The solution is enhanced by the WMS Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS) which provides sophisticated wireless intrusion prevention and location assessment capabilities.
Enterasys WMS aggregates network and usage data from multiple Enterasys Wireless Controllers and Access Points to provide IT managers with an extensive set of historical reports. Thresholds can be defined for easy identification and resolution of pending scalability or performance issues. Events and alerts are consolidated in a dashboard, complemented by easy-to-read charts, statistics, and reports that detail information about users, devices, and traffic.
Many enterprise networks must comply with government or industry regulations. The Wireless Management Suite WIPS Reporting option simplifies this task by periodically analyzing all WLAN activity according to specific regulatory criteria, then generating comprehensive reports that detail the network's compliance status, including a violations summary.
Global network view
Enterasys WMS graphically represents the entire wireless network in a logical hierarchy that intuitively illustrates the relationship between devices, users, and mobility zones. From this global network view, all of the controllers, associated access points, and mobile users can be monitored. Any device can be expanded for greater detail in just a few clicks.
Event and alert management
WMS collects detailed information from each wireless controller for all associated access points and users. Alerts can be set to allow system administrators to proactively handle pending or outstanding issues. Configurable events can include device failures, security exposures, and bandwidth and client association limit overages.
Statistics and reportsProduct Highlights
Events and alerts are consolidated into a wide variety of charts, statistics, and reports to provide detailed trend information on users, devices, and traffic flow. These trend analysis tools can be used to proactively identify potential problems or performance bottlenecks.
- Real-time assessment of coverage and service level with network visualization and live heat maps
- Built-in compliance reports via WIPS Reporting module to facilitate compliance with industry and government regulations
- Data gathering and statistical reporting help identify potential trouble-spots before they impact business operations
- Consolidation of information from multiple wireless controllers and access points results in efficient and proactive monitoring of large, distributed WLANs
- Sophisticated event and alert mechanisms allow system administrators to proactively manage network issues
- Enhanced troubleshooting capabilities assist in rapid resolution of outages or bottlenecks
- Integration of security events across the wired/wireless networks enables quick diagnosing and resolution of security threats
- Visual location capabilities provide up-to-date security status of the network on geographical maps
- Industry-leading customer satisfaction and first call resolution rates
- Personalized services, including site surveys, network design, installation, and training