The Summit X460 series is based on Extreme Networks revolutionary ExtremeXOS, a highly resilient OS that provides continuous uptime, manageability and operational efficiency. Each switch offers the same high-performance, non-blocking hardware technology, in the Extreme Networks tradition of simplifying network deployments through the use of common hardware and software throughout the network.
The Summit X460 switches are ideal campus edge switches with IEEE 802.3at PoE-plus and ideal aggregation switches for traditional enterprise networks. The Summit X460 series is a great option for DSLAM or CMTS aggregation, or for active Ethernet access.
The Summit X460 is also purpose-built as a top-of-rack switch for many data center environments with features such as high-density Gigabit Ethernet for concentrated data center environments; XNV (ExtremeXOS Network Virtualization) for centralized network-based Virtual Machine (VM) inventory, VM location history and VM provisioning; Direct Attach to offload VM switching from servers, thereby improving performance; high-capacity Layer 2/Layer 3 scalability for highly virtualized data centers; and intra-rack and cross-rack stacking with industry-leading flexibility.
High-performance and scalable switching and routing
Summit X460 offers sophisticated intelligent switching and routing with exceptional port density, scalability and virtualization support plus high-performance stacking technology powered by the ExtremeXOS modular OS. Summit X460 helps enhance the data center, Carrier Ethernet and enterprise campus edge and aggregation network.
Comprehensive security management
Implementing a secure network means providing protection at the network perimeter as well as the core. Extreme networks security offerings encompass three key areas: user and host integrity, threat detection and response, and hardened network infrastructure. Furthermore, with policy-based routing, measures can be taken to provide confidentiality of selective data in transit between internal network nodes.
Performance, availability and convergenceProduct Highlights
Powered by the ExtremeXOS OS, Summit X460 supports process recovery and application upgrades without the need for a system reboot. Summit X460 provides the high network availability required for mission-critical servers and applications through its advanced modular OS, highly available hardware architecture and carrier-grade network redundancy protocols.
- Flexible IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE-plus) to meet the growing demand of converged network applications
- Advanced Layer 2/Layer 3 switching and MPLS/H-VPLS support
- User policy and host integrity enforcement, and identity management
- Universal port dynamic security profiles to provide fine granular security policies in the network
- Threat detection and response instrumentation to react to network intrusion with CLEAR-Flow Security Rules Engine
- Denial of Service (DoS) protection and IP security against man-in-the-middle and DoS attacks to harden the network infrastructure
- Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS) resiliency protocol
- Dual, hot-swappable AC power supplies and hot swappable fan tray