HP Data Protector Software automates high performance backup and recovery, from disk or tape, over unlimited distances, to enable 24x7 business continuity and improve IT resource utilization. Data Protector Software responds to the pressure for lower IT costs and greater operational efficiency by offering acquisition and deployment costs which are 30 - 70 % less than competition. Data Protector Software simplifies the use of complex backup and recovery procedures with the fastest installation, automated routine tasks, and easy-to-use features. The centralized multi-site management easily allows implementing multi-site changes, adapting in real time to changing business requirements. Appropriate for medium and large companies in any industry, Data Protector Software is the ideal solution to reduce IT costs and complexity while remaining reliable and scalable to grow from single server environments to the largest distributed enterprise infrastructures.
Robust backup solution
Data Protector Software is designed for the most demanding 24 x 7 environments and offers automated high performance backup and recovery from disk or tape.
Lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) in enterprise backup
Data Protector Software delivers backup/recovery innovation, performance, and functionality at a much lower cost, up to 30-70% lower than competitive solutions. A simple and flexible license model includes the first year of support.
No software can integrate better with your HP environment
Data Protector Software is an integral component of the fast-growing HP StorageWorks software portfolio, which also includes storage resource management, archiving, replication, and device management software. HP offers the unique advantage of sourcing hardware, software, and service from a single, trusted vendor.
Easy to deploy and use
Data Protector Software is both easy to deploy and use. Installation is simple and has a fully-automated software distribution of agent software to all connected clients, including a centralized licensing facility that reduces complexity. Competitive solutions fail to deliver this level of automation.
Recovery of terabytes of data in minutes
Utilizing Instant Recovery, Data Protector Software meets the demands of the most complex enterprises for specific recovery time and recovery point objectives, and enables critical data to be recovered within minutes.
Centralized multi-site management capabilities enable customers to automate routine tasks and easily implement changes. Simple wizards and clear navigation makes these management features easy to configure. In addition, role-based user rights can be defined so that responsibilities can be safely distributed.
Incremental Zero Downtime Backup
Incremental Zero Downtime Backup provides support for filesystem Zero Downtime Backup. Only those changes are captured that fit a specific backup criterion; this will reduce the number of full backups required.
Electronic Software DeliveryProduct Highlights
Electronic Software Delivery (ESD) provides instant access to purchased Data Protector Software by delivering software via the Internet.
In The Box
- Used backup disk storage is the space occupied by protected backups;
- Used capacity differs from raw capacity in that RAID overhead is excluded. This means the RAID configuration does not need to be considered;
- The backup disk storage can be distributed over multiple disk arrays and systems;
- Does not require any drive and library LTU. Drive and library licenses are required for file devices, but not for advanced backup to disk. In the same way, advanced backup to disk cannot be licensed with drive and library licenses;
- It does not matter whether UNIX or Windows powers the backup disk;
- Advanced Backup to Disk" is a combination of many Data Protector features: "file library", "object copy", "backup mirroring", "automated media copy", etc.
- HP Data Protector Advanced Backup to Disk extension for 1 TB e-Delivery