GlancePlus is a powerful system performance monitoring and diagnostic tool. Easy to learn and use, GlancePlus provides immediate performance information about your system. It lets you easily examine system activities, identify and resolve performance bottlenecks, and tune your system for more efficient operation. With GlancePlus, your users are more productive and your business applications run more smoothly.
The GlancePlus Pak combines the real-time diagnostic and monitoring capabilities of GlancePlus with the historical data collection and analysis of the HP OpenView Performance Agent. This combination provides an ideal solution to manage the availability and performance of a single system, while retaining valuable historical information for use with enterprise management products such as HP OpenView Performance Manager and HP OpenView operations. With the GlancePlus Pak, you can handle a wide range of system performance and availability problems resulting in more efficient use of your resources.
GlancePlus software allows you to identify and solve performance problems quickly. If you suspect a problem, you can examine how different software programs and users are using system resources. You can view detailed information on individual processes, including CPU and memory use and time spent waiting for different system resources. You can group users and processes into applications, and use these groupings to efficiently determine their impact on system resources. With this information, you can quickly get a picture of how your system's major resources are being used and who is using them.
You can run GlancePlus as an icon and have alarms and dynamic system performance graphs displayed within the icon, allowing you to efficiently keep an eye on your system's performance while attending to other tasks.
Identify system performance bottlenecks
Use the GlancePlus rules-based adviser to interpret performance data and identify bottlenecks. A default rule handles a variety of system conditions.
Monitor with threshold-based alarms
Proactively manage your computer system by using alarms. Use the default alarm thresholds or define your own to meet the particular needs of your environment.
Get quick answers to your questions using the online help facility
Use the guided tour to learn about how GlancePlus is used. Use the on-item help to get answers quickly to your questions on specific items on the GlancePlus screen report.
Track CPU, memory, disk and network resources
Graphical and tabular onscreen color reports show your system's performance and resource utilization in real time. GlancePlus software can also display a short-term history of these measurements.
View the level of metrics that gives you the detail you need
Metrics are displayed at the global, application, or process level.
Create customized tabular data displays
Define the order of the data columns and sort criteria. Define filters to see only the processes that are of interest to you and color-highlight those that meet conditions that you define. Select the metrics you want to display.
Monitor system performance while tending to other tasksProduct Highlights
Run GlancePlus as an icon and use the dynamic graphs displayed in the icon to keep an eye on the performance of your systems.
- Hierarchy of system, application and process-level information from summary to diagnostic detail
- System table resource information providing status of key configurable system parameters, such as process tables, buffer cache, buffer headers, and shared memory
- Network performance information, such as Network File System (NFS) and local area network (LAN) metrics
- Customizable rules-based diagnostics to isolate performance problems and bottlenecks
- Customizable threshold-based alarming that generates visual notifications and can also be configured to execute commands or scripts for automated actions
- Both an intuitive customizable graphical user interface and a flexible character mode interface are included, allowing you to use GlancePlus on non-X-Window displays
- Context sensitive help and online user's guide - complete with a guided product tour and flexible search capabilities
- Dynamic system performance graphs and alarms displayed from GlancePlus while it runs as an icon
- The ability to display groups of transactions and drill down to a single transaction and also display resource consumption by the transactions