Your network supports a wide range of end-user services and revenue-generating transactions, which is why you must keep network performance at the maximum and downtime to a minimum.
The HP Performance Smart Plug-in (iSPI) and other iSPIs for HP Network Node Manager add powerful reporting capabilities to NNMi and NNMi Advanced. They enhance NNMi and add awareness of specialized network environments, providing your team with the information it needs to anticipate and more quickly find and fix problems.
NNM iSPI Performance for Metrics contains a component called the Network Performance Server (NPS). This component is used by other iSPIs as well. The NPS provides both out-of-the-box and highly customizable reporting across any iSPI domain. The iSPI Performance for Metrics in particular focuses on fundamental network interface (SNMP MIB-II) and device component performance variables. It continuously collects, stores, and manages performance-related metrics from across your network and includes multiple pre-built reports for exploring that data. The highly scalable architecture of the NPS foundation handles up to 400,000 performance polled interfaces on a single server, storing the data for up to 70 days at the most granular level.
Tight integration between the NNMi operator console and the reporting interface provides operators with seamless transitions from fault data to performance reports and back. For example-select a node in NNMi and launch directly to the historical performance of all its interfaces, ordered by the metric of your choice and grouped in the way you prefer. See something interesting on one interface? Drill down for more detail or launch the NNMi configuration screen for that interface directly from the report.
The NPS reports allow you to easily and intuitively adjust the granularity, time range, topology filtering, and displayed metric of any report for the iSPI Performance for Metrics or any other iSPI reports. It will also carry these selections from report to report, and when appropriate, across reporting domains. You can choose to filter reports to only show activity during business hours on week days, or group data by important node groups.
When you've set the time range and topology filters to your own preferred configuration, NPS allows you to schedule the iSPI reports as defined for automatic generation and delivery-you can have your favorite reports delivered by e-mail and waiting in your in box every morning, or saved to disk for long-term archiving.
With the extensible architecture of the iSPI reporting mechanism and NNMi, you can build your own custom reporting solutions at the click of a mouse. Poll performance values from any SNMP MIB, and have fully integrated historical reports automatically generated.
Address your operational performance reporting needs with the iSPI Performance for Metrics and other iSPIs, and address your long term and data-warehousing needs with HP Performance Insight. Not only do the iSPI reports integrate tightly into the NNMi console, but they can pass collected data on to HP Performance Insight, avoiding the wasted bandwidth and CPU cycles of double polling. Install the Performance Insight data pipe and have NNMi and the iSPI Performance for Metrics act as an SNMP collector, passing on data to the Performance Insight Interface Reporting and Device Resources report packs.
Using the NNMi real-time path view as a launch point, the iSPI Performance for Metrics also provides the option for a path health report. This provides an instantaneous performance snapshot at every point along a network path, allowing you to immediately pinpoint recurring, difficult-to-track issues within a dynamic network environment.Product Highlights
- Single-station scalability up to 400,000 performance polled interfaces
- The ability to store as-polled data for up to 70 days
- View the status of the entire network
- Hierarchical structure allows navigation to detail
- Drill-down to device, component, and interface historical performance views
- Launch directly from any NNMi screen
- Unify fault, availability, and performance
- Seamlessly integrate plug-ins
- Easily create new links from NNMi directly to the reports of your choice
- Distribute reports by email in HTML, Excel, or PDF formats
- Continuous discovery and monitoring
- Low administrative overhead with correlated, optimized polling
- Common administrative interface to save time and training
- Performance state visualized along with fault and availability state
- Analysis of traffic trends and congestion
- Isolation of performance bottlenecks
- Discovery and reporting on your internal network testing (IP SLA)
- Threshold-based performance monitoring
- Reduced MTTR though detection of negative trends
- Application service delivery supported by end-to-end monitoring