Deliver rich, personalized virtual desktops to any device with all the benefits of centralized management. The VMware View portfolio of products lets IT run virtual desktops in the datacenter while giving end users a single view of all their applications and data in a familiar, personalized environment on any device at any location. Get greater flexibility, reliability, efficiency and security managing desktops and applications from the datacenter.
The desktop of the future is not a single PC: it's a combination of different devices, multiple platforms, legacy and web-based applications, as well as the end user's data and settings. Give your end users a personalized view of their desktop, applications and data while maintaining centralized control and security. Separate the desktop from the underlying hardware and the applications from the operating system to simplify and reduce the costs of desktop management. Provide a Universal Client Solution with VMware View - where desktops follow the user regardless of device or location.
Reduce the costs of desktop management
VMware View lets you centralize the management of hardware, operating systems, and applications. Save money and time spent on testing, provisioning, managing and supporting traditional desktops. You'll also see reductions in storage requirements and costs up to 70% with VMware View Composer. Create desktop images which share virtual disks with a master image. Patch or update those desktop images by updating the master image, without affecting user settings, data, or applications.
Securely deliver complete desktop environments
Maintain control over data and intellectual property by keeping it secure in the datacenter. End users can access their personalized desktop, complete with applications and data, from any location, at any time without jeopardizing the corporate security policies. Listen to Metro Health describe how they use VMware View to give doctors and nursing staff instant access to vital information while maintaining HIPAA compliance.
Quickly provision and manage desktops and applications
Deploy new desktops in minutes, optimizing the value of IT resources and getting end users productive faster. Instantly apply desktop updates at any time from a central location with View Manager. Get advanced virtual desktop image management with VMware View Composer and streamline application delivery with VMware ThinApp application virtualization.
Provide disaster recovery and business continuity for the desktopProduct Highlights
Disaster recovery solutions for the desktop are costly and complex. Through tight integration with VMware Infrastructure 3, VMware View enables customers to simply extend the enterprise-class features - high availability, disaster recovery and business continuity - to the desktop. Back up desktops and data in the datacenter for greater fault tolerance and reliability while providing higher levels of availability to end users.
- Lower costs by centralizing management, administration and resources
- Increase security by moving data from desktop devices into the datacenter
- Improve business agility with faster provisioning and user flexibility with universal access
- Deliver desktops to the user and not to a physical device by eliminating the bonds between a desktop image and the physical PC
- Use a single management tool to provision desktops or groups of desktops
- Get an intuitive easy-to-use administrative interface for setting desktop policies
- Use a template to provision pools of desktops
- Set administrative policies, such as how many virtual machines can be in a pool, or logoff parameters
- Rapidly create virtual desktops from a master image
- Push updates and patches out to any number of virtual desktops in minutes without affecting user settings, data or preferences
- Remotely access physical PCs
- Print from virtual desktops to local devices without compatibility issues, bandwidth restraints or complicated user setup
- Automatically discover, connect and print from a virtual desktop to any local or networked printer that's defined on the client device
- Use universal print drivers to eliminate compatibility issues
- Compression delivers high-quality printing with enhanced performance, even over suboptimal network connections
- Deliver complete, unmodified desktop environment compatible with existing legacy or custom applications
- Get improved end-user experience for playing rich multimedia
- Print to local printers, USB devices or other peripherals
- Let users access their desktops from a wide variety of virtual desktop devices, anytime
- Get strong network security to protect sensitive corporate data
- Use SSL tunneling to ensure all connections are completely encrypted
- Get full support of RSA SecurID and the added security of two-factor authentication for tightened access control
- Deliver high availability with no single point of failure
- Get automatic failover and pervasive, cost-effective protection within your virtualized desktop environment, without the cost or complexity of traditional clustering solutions, with VMware High Availability (HA)
- Utilize advanced clustering capabilities on the physical and virtual layers provide enterprise-class scalability
- Separate applications from underlying operating systems for increased compatibility and streamlined application management with VMware ThinApp
- Run applications on servers in the datacenter and make them accessible through a shortcut on the virtual desktop further, reducing the size of the desktop image and subsequent storage needs
- Run multiple applications or multiple versions of the same applications on users' virtual desktops without conflict
- Apply and enforce all existing security policies for that virtual desktop
- Check the desktop back into the datacenter for resynchronization as needed