VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager makes disaster recovery rapid, reliable and manageable, so that organizations can meet their recovery objectives. Site Recovery Manager delivers centralized management of recovery plans and automates the recovery process. It turns complex paper runbooks associated with traditional disaster recovery into an integrated element of virtual infrastructure management, allowing organizations to improve recovery plan testing dramatically.
VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager is a pioneering disaster recovery management and automation solution for VMware vSphere Site Recovery Manager accelerates recovery by automating the recovery process and simplifies management of disaster recovery plans by making disaster recovery an integrated element of managing your VMware virtual infrastructure. Site Recovery Manager also ensures reliable recovery by eliminating complex manual recovery steps and enabling non-disruptive testing of recovery plans.
Site Recovery Manager integrates tightly with VMware vSphere, VMware vCenter Server and storage replication from leading storage vendors to make failover and recovery rapid, reliable, affordable and manageable. It enables organizations to take the risk and worry out of disaster recovery, as well as expand protection to all of their important systems and applications.
Manage disaster recovery plans
Site Recovery Manager allows organizations to create, update and document recovery plans as an integrated part of managing their VMware virtual environment. Traditional solutions for disaster recovery rely on documenting all of the steps and resources required for failover in runbooks that are difficult or impossible to keep accurate and up-to-date. With Site Recovery Manager, the steps and resources that make up the failover process are managed directly from VMware vCenter Server.
Perform non-disruptive tests of failover and recovery
Using Site Recovery Manager, organizations can execute automated tests of their recovery plans without disrupting their environment. Site Recovery Manager makes it easy to create an isolated environment for testing while leveraging the recovery plan that would be used in an actual failover.
Automate failover and recovery
Site Recovery Manager makes it possible to automate execution of recovery plans, eliminating many of the slow and unreliable manual processes common in traditional disaster recovery. At the same time, Site Recovery Manager ensures that the recovery process is executed as intended.
Setup recovery infrastructure
Site Recovery Manager guides users through the process of connecting to the remote site and to the storage replication software in use. It also makes it easy to map production resources, including computing and network resources, to the corresponding resources at a recovery site.
Create recovery plans
Site Recovery Manager provides an intuitive interface to help users create recovery plans for different failover scenarios and different parts of their infrastructure. Users can specify virtual machines to be suspended or shut down to free resources for recovery. They can also specify the order in which virtual machines are powered on, set user-defined scripts to execute automatically, and specify where to pause the recovery process, if necessary.
Test recovery plans
Site Recovery Manager automates the creation of a non-disruptive and isolated testing environment on the recovery site by leveraging storage arrays' snapshot capabilities and connecting virtual machines to the user's isolated testing network. Site Recovery Manager automates the execution of the actual recovery plan to be used in an actual failover and cleans up the testing environment once testing is complete. Test results are saved for viewing and export at any time.
Automate failoverProduct Highlights
Once an administrator initiates a recovery plan from VMware vCenter Server, Site Recovery Manager automates execution of the steps in the recovery plan to ensure that recovery is executed exactly as designed. Administrators have full visibility into execution of the recovery plan through vCenter Server and can pause or stop execution at any time. As their environment changes, users can update and modify recovery plans at any time through vCenter Server to ensure the plans are up to date.
- Accelerate recovery by automating execution of failover
- Simplify the creation and management of recovery plans
- Improve the reliability of recovery plans by simplifying recovery and testing
- Improve compliance with disaster recovery documentation and testing requirements
- Discover and display virtual machines protected by storage replication using integration adapters certified by storage vendors
- Create and manage recovery plans directly from vCenter Server
- Extend recovery plans with custom scripts
- Monitor availability of remote site and alert users of possible site failures
- Store, view and export results of test and failover execution from vCenter Server
- Control access to recovery plans with granular role-based access controls
- Use storage snapshot capabilities to perform recovery tests without losing replicated data
- Connect virtual machines to an existing isolated network for testing purposes
- Customize execution of recovery plans for testing scenarios
- Automate cleanup of testing environments after completing failover tests
- Initiate recovery plan execution from vCenter Server with a single button
- Automate promotion of replicated datastores for recovery using adapters created by leading storage vendors for their replication platforms
- Execute user-defined scripts and pauses during recovery
- Reconfigure virtual machines' IP addresses to match network configuration at failover site
- Manage and monitor execution of recovery plans within vCenter Server