The high-performance SAS 6 Gb/s interface delivers data reliability, availability and scalability and is the only small form factor SAS drive in the industry to pack a 64 MB cache buffer for optimized read/write response time.
Best-in-class power performance
Power management innovations designed into the Ultrastar C10K1200 enable industry-leading power efficiency and translate into reduced power requirements and lower cooling costs. HGST Advanced Power Management technology, with multi-state idle modes, maintains compatibility with the INCITS Tio Technical Committee standards direction and can be pre-programmed or manually initiated in the system. Ultrastar C10K1200 continues the HGST tradition of environmental leadership with its halogen-reduced components and focus on low power consumption, and carries the HGST EcoTrac classification.
Driving the small form factor transitionProduct Highlights
Ultrastar C10K1200 delivers a capacity advantage over 3.5-inch 15K drives, providing a massive storage space and enabling lower total cost of ownership for many Enterprise environments, especially networked storage arrays. When faced with space and power limitations, the Ultrastar C10K1200 is an efficient solution for online transaction processing, intensive data analysis and multi-user applications. The C10K1200 also offer bulk data encryption for hard-drive-level data security.
- Highest capacity 10,000 rpm drive
- Field-proven, reliable design
- High-performance 6 Gb/s SAS for reliable data throughput
- Halogen-reduced design and industry-best power utilization for most eco-friendly SFF hard drive
- Cool enterprise SAS with lower power requirements
- More capacity in less space for configuration flexibility
- Enhances seek performance
- Fastest interface for enhanced reliability
- Manages data efficiency
- Low latency for faster access to data
- Maintains drive performance in high rotational vibration environments and multi-drive systems
- Maximizes performance in RAID environments
- Improves signal processing for more robust data integrity
- Improves handling of repeatable run out to lower risk of data squeeze and write inhibit rate
- Enhances error detection for optimal data integrity
- Minimizes handling damage during integration