IBM Flex System V7000 storage node is an integrated storage system for IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex System, designed to deliver high performance, advanced function, high availability, and modular and scalable storage capacity.
IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex System represent a category of computing that integrates multiple server architectures, networking, storage, and system management capability into a single system that is easy to deploy and manage. IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex System have built-in virtualization support of servers, storage, and networking to speed provisioning and increase resiliency. In addition, it supports multiple open industry standards, operating systems, networking and storage fabrics, virtualization, and system management protocols, to easily fit within existing and future datacenter environments. IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex System are scalable and extendable with multigeneration upgrades to protect and maximize IT investments.
The IBM Flex System V7000 storage node is a powerful block storage system designed to integrate into the IBM PureFlex System or IBM Flex System infrastructure, enabling extremely rapid storage deployment and breakthrough management simplicity. By enabling virtualization, consolidation, and tiering in business of all sizes, it is designed to improve application availability and resource utilization. Flex System V7000 offers easy-to-use, efficient, and cost-effective management capabilities for both new and existing storage resources in your IT infrastructure. This class of storage system combines no compromise design along with virtualization, efficiency, and performance capabilities.Product Highlights
- Support for SAN-attached 8 Gbps Fiber Channel (FC), 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI host connectivity
- Supports intermixing of SAS drives, Nearline SAS drives, and solid state drives (SSDs) within IBM Flex System V7000 control enclosures and IBM Flex System V7000 expansion enclosures
- Includes IBM Easy Tier technology for automatically moving heavily used data extents onto high-performance SSD storage
- Supports IBM Real-Time Compression technology for high efficiency data storage
- Supports attachment of other storage devices via the FC interface or FCoE interface using external virtualization