Organizations of all sizes are faced with the challenge of managing massive volumes of increasingly valuable data. But storing this data can be costly, and extracting value from the data is becoming more and more difficult. IT organizations have limited resources but need to stay responsive to dynamic environments and act quickly to consolidate, simplify and optimize their IT infrastructures. The IBM Storwize V3700 system provides a smarter solution that is affordable, easy to use and self-optimizing, enabling organizations to overcome these storage challenges.
Storwize V3700, the most recent addition to the IBM Storwize family of disk systems, delivers efficient, entry-level configurations specifically designed to meet the needs of small and midsize businesses. Designed to provide organizations with the ability to consolidate and share data at an affordable price, Storwize V3700 offers advanced software capabilities usually found in more expensive systems.
Graphical user interface (GUI)
It enhances IT productivity with an easy-to-use GUI and point-and-click system management capabilities.
IBM Systems Director
It provides integrated management for physical and virtual server infrastructures, including monitoring and repairing for higher availability and operational efficiency.
It creates a near-instant copy of active data that can be used for backup or for parallel processing activities; support backup for recovering corrupted data.
It supports business applications that need to grow dynamically, while consuming only the space actually used.
It provides efficiency and business value in a no disruptive migration function.
Solid-state drive (SSD)Product Highlights
It provides high disk speed, quick access to data and support for tiered storage environments.
- Easily managed and deployed system with embedded graphical user interface based on the IBM Storwize interface design
- Experience rapid, flexible provisioning and simple configuration changes with internal virtualization and thin provisioning
- Have continuous access to data with integrated no disruptive migration
- Protect data with sophisticated remote mirroring and integrated IBM FlashCopy technology
- Benefit from advanced functionality and reliability usually only found in more expensive systems
- Scales up to 120 2.5-inch disk drives or 60 3.5-inch disk drives with four expansion units
- Helps reduce power consumption with energy-saving features