IBM System Networking Element Manager is an application for remote monitoring and management of Ethernet switches from IBM. It is designed to simplify and centralize the management of your BladeCenter or blade server and top-of-rack Ethernet switches.
VMready across the data center
Supports VM migration across a data center in a multi-vendor environment. Retains VM network policies configured on VMready switches and port groups in the hypervisors/hosts.
Critical network asset information is centralized and integrates with Enterprise security structure Enables access with minimal risk from mobile clients.
Web-based GUI for simplified device configuration, monitoring, and fault management
Easy and cost-effective method to monitor, configure, and maintain switches using commercial off the shelf technologies.
Integration with industry-leading enterprise management systems
Minimal effort insertion into existing management schemas, eliminating fork-lift upgrade or wholesale swap-out of installed managers.
Customizable reporting of detailed asset, operational and performance information
Provides visibility into the configuration of all devices and reveals underutilized assets. Global view of all IBM top rack or embedded switches on your network with simplified asset and fault management.
Automated and scheduled software downloads, configuration updates/backups, switch reboots, and so forthProduct Highlights
Simplifies deployment and on-going configuration management. Detects success or failure of the operation on each managed switch. Enables security control, provisioning, policy-based compliance, resource reconciliation.
- Improve network visibility and drive reliability and performance
- Increase the availability and performance of critical business services with advanced correlation, event de-duplication, automated diagnostics and root-cause analysis
- Simplify management of large groups of switches with automatic discovery of switches on the network
- Automate and integrate management, deployment and monitoring Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)-based configuration and management
- Support of network policies for virtualization
- Real-time root cause analysis and problem resolution