IBM Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack for Workstations is a continuous data protection solution for desktops and laptops. This centrally-managed solution reduces the risks of losing important information stored on thousands of personal computers across an entire enterprise.
Continuous protection, because once a day is not enough
Businesses today are increasingly concerned with protecting their data. Losing key business information can hamper productivity, delay projects, and divert resources and calls to the helpdesk. It can also harm organizations when they face regulatory scrutiny. In fact, many businesses today are legally required to use formal data protection, not only for their data center systems, but also for employee workstations.
Protect key corporate information
The phase in the evolution of file backup is continuous data protection, and that's where IBM Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack for Workstations comes in. It is a real-time, continuous data protection solution specifically designed for desktop and laptop computers. Instead of waiting for a scheduled interval, Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) FastBack for Workstations backs up your most important files the moment they are saved, in real time. What's more, it does this effortlessly and transparently, eliminating any backup window.
Help minimize recovery times and maximize the granularity of recoverable data
With TSM FastBack for Workstations, you can help optimize recovery times for employee workstations. Typically these systems aren't backed up at all, and if they are, it is usually very infrequently. The degree of difference between the recoverable data and the version of the file can be significant if many changes are made between backups. This degree of difference is known as the recovery point objective (RPO).
Fits your environment without burdening your administratorsProduct Highlights
You can use TSM FastBack for Workstations in a variety of environments, including small businesses, remote offices and enterprise desktops. It is ideal for professionals who have critical files on their system that need protection continuously. It not only helps minimize data loss, it can also help drive productivity.
- Protects against file or system loss; point-in-time recovery protects against corruptions
- Helps to meet corporate governance requirements by protecting important data distributed on personal computers
- Minimizes the backup/recovery window and provides rapid disk-to-disk protection and recovery capabilities
- Optimizes recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO)
- Easy to implement and manage, it runs transparently in the background with a light footprint
- Centrally manages thousands of systems, including auto-discovery, pushing updates, configuring settings, initiate backups, and many other functions
- Works with multiple backup/replication targets (local disk, web, file server, NAS device, Tivoli storage manager), to integrate workstation data into broader enterprise data management infrastructures