VMware vCenter Chargeback, part of the VMware vCenter family of management products, enables accurate cost measurement, analysis and reporting. With vCenter Chargeback, create cost transparency and accountability so business owners and IT staff can understand the actual cost of the virtual infrastructure required to support business services. VMware vCenter Chargeback is fully integrated with VMware vCenter Server and gives you the ability to map IT costs to business units, cost centers, or external customers - enabling a better understanding of how much resources cost and what can be done to optimize resource utilization to reduce overall spend on IT infrastructure.
VMware vCenter Chargeback enables administrators to deliver IT as a service with a simple, flexible and accurate Chargeback model.
Customized chargeback hierarchy
Define how virtual machines and VMware vSphere hosts are assigned to and shared by different departments, cost centers, or business units in an organization.
Reusable cost templates
Standardize the process of adding cost models to VMs with cost templates. Templates can be used to rapidly apply existing models that have been set up to expanding or new environments.
Flexible billing policies
Implement fixed costs, allocation-based costing, utilization-based costing, or a combination based on the chargeback maturity of your organization.
Flexible non-variable costs
Allows for entry of non-variable cost structures to model the realities of a datacenter environment.
Generate summary and comparison reports of costs and resource usage for specified periods of time.
Customizable report templates
Customize header, footer, logo, title, etc. to fit company or business unit brand standards.
Archive, schedule, email, and export reports. Reports can also be delivered and viewed using a Web browser.
Most expensive VMs report
Understand the largest contributors to your datacenter environment's costs to drive and prioritize efficiency efforts.
Enterprise-wide management across multiple vCenter Servers
Single chargeback hierarchy and support for reporting across an entire datacenter cluster.
Automated VMware vCloud Director chargeback hierarchies
Gain immediate visibility into vCloud Director organization, virtual datacenters, and vApps with automated creation of chargeback hierarchies.
Support VMware vCloud Director resource management models
Enable pay-as-you-go, reservation pool, and allocation pool charging for resources in VMware vCloud Director.
Integration with VMware vSphere Client
vCenter Chargeback is fully integrated as a vSphere Client plug-in, providing consistent look-n-feel and integrated capabilities for configuring costing model and viewing reports.
Allows for ease of administration and reporting, with delegated roles for reporting access.
System health and troubleshooting
Monitor and troubleshoot the health of the vCenter Chargeback system through the built-in dashboard.
Integration with Microsoft Active Directory
Base access controls on existing Microsoft Active Directory authentication mechanisms.
Custom roles and permissionsProduct Highlights
Enhance security and flexibility with user-defined roles.
- Allow the business to understand the cost of deploying and maintaining business services
- Eliminate the perception that virtual machines are "free"
- Integrate with existing IT Financial Management or Asset Management systems for complete cost visibility across physical and virtual resources
- Configure base costs, fixed costs, one-time costs, multiple rate factors, and overage fees to model true costs associated with virtual machines
- Track costs for power, cooling, real estate, software licenses, and maintenance associated with virtual infrastructure deployments
- Maintain reusable cost templates that allow the process of adding cost models to VMs to be standardized
- Schedule and distribute reports on a periodic basis to communicate usage and costs to business owners
- Drive better decision making and planning for infrastructure budget requirements
- Optimize the use of shared virtual infrastructure