VMware vCenter Lab Manager is the ideal solution for IT organizations who want to provide self-service provisioning and management capabilities to internal teams. Policy-based access control reduces administrative burden for IT, lowers infrastructure management costs and empowers project teams to deliver applications more quickly and with greater agility.
VMware vCenter Lab Manager is the trusted, proven and widely deployed lab management software. Now in its fourth generation, Lab Manager leads the industry with best-in-class performance and scalability, seamless integration with vSphere and vCenter Server, more efficient use of storage resources and more automated management capabilities that simplify IT administration while delivering higher service levels for end users.
Provide on-demand access to shared infrastructure for non-IT users to create, deploy and reconfigure multi-tier system configurations in seconds without IT involvement. Self-service management reduces administrative burden and infrastructure management costs for IT and empowers the business to execute company strategy, get to market faster and grow top-line revenue.
Provides a central repository of virtual machine images for Lab Manager users. System configurations can be captured in state for quick deployment, archival and sharing with other users. The image library stores system configurations in a highly compact format, reducing storage footprints and containing storage growth.
Simplifies delivery and administration of private cloud infrastructure, and enable end users to "consume" internal resources in a controlled and predictable manner. IT can dynamically allocate resources to multiple teams, projects and sites, enforce policy-based access control, and reclaims unused resources.
Enterprise scalabilityProduct Highlights
Lab Manager 4.0 is architected to fit into nearly every environment and scale with the needs of the organization from local to global deployments supporting thousands of users and virtual machines. Moreover, Lab Manager provides industry leading performance and seamless vSphere platform integration to reap the benefits of VMware cloud capabilities. Flexible APIs and third party integrations provide even higher levels of automation of repetitive, manual tasks.
- Linked clones greatly reduce storage footprints by de-duplicating data in similar system images
- Storage leases eliminate resource sprawl by reclaiming space from expired images
- Gold master configurations allow users to easily identify released images and other reference configurations
- Auto archive capability simplifies export of system configurations to external datastores
- Media store provides a central repository of common installation files and OS images
- Performance optimized so virtual machine configurations can be created in seconds
- Scalable architecture supports thousands of users simultaneously
- Seamless vSphere and vCenter Server integration lets you take full advantage of the VMware platform benefits
- LDAP support allows IT administrators to integrate Lab Manager with Active Directory and other user authentication systems
- SOAP API available for building custom scripts and integrations