VMware vCloud Networking and Security is the leading software defined networking and security solution that enhances operational efficiency, unlocks agility and is extensible to rapidly respond to business needs. It provides a broad range of services in a single solution, including virtual firewall, VPN, load balancing and VXLAN extended networks. Management integration with VMware vCenter and vCloud Director reduces the cost and complexity of datacenter operations and unlocks the operational efficiency and agility of virtual datacenters and private cloud deployments.
It provides a rich set of integrated networking and security gateway services for protecting virtual datacenters and optimizing resource utilization. This virtual appliance includes services such as firewall, network address translation (NAT), load balancing and VPN. Edge high availability protects against network, host and software failures.
Protects and isolates critical applications with security applied immediately to surround a virtual machine. vCenter integration enables robust isolation while enhancing operational efficiency.
It enables technology for network virtualization, providing network abstraction, elasticity and scale across the datacenter. VXLAN provides an architecture for scaling your applications across clusters and pods without any physical network reconfiguration.
Management and reporting
Through seamless integration with VMware vCenter Server and vCloud Director, provides a central point of control for deploying, managing, reporting, logging, and integrating security and gateway services. Rolebased access control enables separation of duties and compliance.
vCloud ecosystem frameworkProduct Highlights
It integrates partner services at either the virtual network interface card (vNIC) or virtual edge through REST APIs.
- Lowers cost and complexity with a virtualized networking and security solution
- Efficiently manages compute resources across cluster and subnet boundaries
- Scales and moves virtual workloads without physical network or security constraints or the need for specialized appliances
- Enables integration of third-party network and security solutions through open architecture and standard APIs
- Streamlines operations through vCenter and vCloudDirector integration
- Provides scalable networking and security while simplifying compliance