The GCS16KIT is a combo switch allowing access and control of up to 256 computers from a single console (keyboard, mouse, and monitor). As many as 16 additional switches can be cascaded bringing the total number of connected computers to 256 computers that can be controlled from a single keyboard-monitor-mouse console. A custom ASIC (patent pending) provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation, eliminating the need to manually set the position with DIP switches. Additionally, the GCS16KIT features high density SPHD 15-pin instead of the usual 25-pin connectors thus allowing for a compact design and installation in a 1U system rack.
The GCS16KIT includes one USB port located on the front panel for easy access and sharing of any USB peripherals. Setup is fast and easy; plugging cables into their appropriate ports is all that is needed. The switch supports both USB and PS/2 connections for the console and computers. The GCS16KIT intercepts keyboard input directly, thus eliminating the need for any software configuration. Switching between computers can be easily accomplished either by manually pressing the front panel push button port LEDs, entering hotkey combinations from the keyboard, or via a menu driven multilingual on-screen display (OSD) system. A convenient auto-scan feature permits automatic scanning and monitoring of activities on all connected.
Easy to operate
Computer selection via front panel LED's, intuitive OSD (on screen display), and hotkeys.
Cascade up to 2 levels
Control up to 256 computers from a single console.
2 level password protection for OSD.
Front USB port
Fully compliant with USB 1.1 for system upgrades and shared peripherals.
Rack mountable in a 19" (1U) system rackProduct Highlights
Custom ASIC provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation.
In The Box
- Eliminates the excessive expense of additional monitors, keyboards and mice
- Increases office space, productivity, and provides as an energy cost savings solution
- It contributes to a greener environment by reducing the amount of waste generated by multiple components
- An easy/efficient way to organize and streamline a growing or expanding server operation
- Multi platform OS support
- Fully supports DDC2B
- IOGEAR USB PS/2 Combo KVM Switch with Cables GCS16KIT
- 9 x keyboard / mouse / video cable - 2 m
- Keyboard / mouse / video cable
- Data cable
- Rack mounting kit