The FatCage MB154SP-B is a 4-in-3 SATA internal RAID backplane for 3.5" SATA hard drives. This is a lite version of the MB45X series by removing the monitoring features and reducing the overall cost.
Slimmed down design
The MB154SP-B has been redesigned to be a lighter module, while maintaining the same level of quality, build, and service you'd expect from an Icy Dock product. While the design has gone through some changes, the space saving design is still established. The backplane module allows up to 4 x 3.5" SATA III hard drives, while only consuming three 5.25" bays. The module has also been redesigned for the type of power connector accepted. 15-pin SATA power is used to provide better accessibility for various host systems.
Along with being a lighter package, the cooling has been improved to provide better air flow to your hard drives. The MB154SP-B uses a full metal body that allows for the best heat dissipation possible in various types of applications. In addition, the enhanced direct air flow design allows the included cooling fan to raise its efficiency to cool down your hard drives, by closing and rerouting any side vents to route incoming air directly to the cooling fan, as well as sealing any vents around the fan for better cooling efficiency.
No hassle maintenanceProduct Highlights
The MB154SP-B has kept the same interchangeable EZ-Tray used in MB45X, MB559 and MB561 series. This allows you to continue to use the same trays from these series, or the compatible external 3.5" models without any issues regarding switching to new designs. The EZ-Tray accepts most 3.5" SATA hard drives and is very easy to install / remove to the device in two steps - press the release button and pull / push the lever. This allows for easy replacement in case of RAID failure or transporting of data.
- 4 in 3 RAID backplane module
- Fits four 3.5" SATA I / II / III hard drives in three 5.25" device bay and fully supports SATA hot-swap function
- 80 mm cooling fan with full metal body for excellent heat dissipation for the most intense applications
- Compact and space saving to fit multiple drives
- Uses SATA 15 power ports for best compatibility with the newest power supplies
- LED hard drive status notification
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led and cooling fan only powers up if there is a drive installed in the bay
- Removable EZ-Tray design for internal drive security, exchangeability, expandability and maintenance capabilities